Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

STOP CONSTANT SPONSOR PLUGGING
No way I'm watching I don't get to hear Elliott Parish's sponsor three times a game.

Simon Donnolly "doesn't know the permutations" [emoji849]

15 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

No way I'm watching I don't get to hear Elliott Parish's sponsor three times a game.

Simon Donnolly "doesn't know the permutations" emoji849.png

He's still at it. 

It didnt bother me but before kick off he'd already reeled off about 10 different player sponsors and in between the gap of play again instead of talking about the goal it was apparently "a perfect opportunity to thank our sponsors"

Professionalism of this squad btw.

3 games in 6 days, first of which is a Final, then you go and get 4pts from the next two including beating the team in 3rd despite missing 4/5 players.

Second half today maybe down to fatigue? Either way, defended the box like defenders, can't argue with that.

8 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

At least it wasn't a Kaylor child?

I just found it amusing, ten minutes after Guidi gave a shout-out to a woman who was supposed to be in hospitality today for her birthday, that she ended up winning the cash prize with her sister winning one of the other prizes. There's absolutely no chance they could expect even the stupidest person in the world to believe that wasn't rigged. I didn't even purchase a 50/50 ticket and I'm still fuming.

7 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I just found it amusing, ten minutes after Guidi gave a shout-out to a woman who was supposed to be in hospitality today for her birthday, that she ended up winning the cash prize with her sister winning one of the other prizes. There's absolutely no chance they could expect even the stupidest person in the world to believe that wasn't rigged. I didn't even purchase a 50/50 ticket and I'm still fuming.

I purchased 5.

Couldn't give a f**k really.

Surely Clark must have made his way up that save% table this year? His performances have been improved for a wee while now. It seems that he commands his area a lot better also.  

Edited by subtleapple

Clark had such a low starting point in that table and doesn't get many saves to make (contrast to Ryan Fulton midweek, for example) but other than the goal in Dingwall, he's recovered pretty well from the Rangers game. 

Got away with a few things (fresh air swipe at Motherwell, header outside the box last week) but his actual goalkeeping has been largely fine.

22 minutes ago, subtleapple said:

Surely Clark must have made his way up that save% table this year? His performances have been improved for a wee while now. It seems that he commands his area a lot better also.  

Before today his save rate (55.07%) was still the lowest in the league in terms of keepers over 800 mins. Only the OF keepers and Styjek face more shots per game.

Hes maybe moved above Ross McCrorie and Danny Rogers after today.

Edited by RandomGuy.

23 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Been kinda convinced it was fixed for months tbh. 

Didn't realise today's was that obvious though 😂

57 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Professionalism of this squad btw.

3 games in 6 days, first of which is a Final, then you go and get 4pts from the next two including beating the team in 3rd despite missing 4/5 players.

Second half today maybe down to fatigue? Either way, defended the box like defenders, can't argue with that.

That’s what has struck me the last week or so. Incredible return really, especially as we needed to chase the game against Hamilton for most of the second half and it took a late goal to get the point. 

the result was the most important thing today and we got the win. We’ve seen a lot of pretty football this season that’s ended in defeat. Davidson is finding a way to get results and for the most part we’re still playing good football. Fair play to him and fair play to the team, a huge improvement from the first few months of the season. 

4 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

Saints once again making absolutely no attempt to conceal the fact that the 50/50 draw is rigged.

I’d hazard a guess that the winners had bought a lot of tickets considering it was their annual hospitality day, odds on them to win surely in their favour.

Liam Craig has surely earned himself another year's contract, which would give him a great opportunity to overtake Ando's appearance record.

He's also only 2 goals behind Macca to become the top premier/ship goalscorer in the club's history.  Get him back on the penalties after the split!  Would be quite a double to achieve.

This is only goals scored in the top division, since 1975:

47 - Steven MacLean

45 - Liam Craig

39 - Paul Wright

33 - Stevie May, Murray Davidson

28 - Harry Curran

23 - David Wotherspoon

22 -  Michael O'Halloran

21 - Chris Kane

19 - Roddy Grant

14 - Graham Cummins, Nathan Lowndes, Fran Sandaza

13 - Dave Mackay, Keigan Parker, Danny Swanson

12 - Steven Anderson, Nigel Hasselbaink, George O'Boyle

11 - Vinny Arkins, Steve Maskrey

10 - John Davies, Allan Moore, John O'Neil, Cillian Sheridan

9 - Brian Graham, Gunni Torfason, Callum Hendry

8 - John Brogan, Paddy Connolly, Peter MacDonald, Jimmy O'Rourke, Blair Alston, Matt Kennedy