Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 hours ago, Radford said:

What would cap the season more for folk, robbing St Mirren of the last top six spot or relegating Tommy Wright?

Would St Johnstone fans celebrate seeing Tommy Wright relegated? 

7 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

Of course. In the words of the man himself "the grass isn't always greener when you leave St Johnstone".

Thanks for your service Turncoat  Tommy, now be a good lad and off you pop to the championship, cheers pal.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I wouldn't celebrate per se, but I'd find it hilarious.

24 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Nothing against the big guy as I still love him for what he did for us.

But yes.

I couldn't, he just gave too many good memories. That said would rather avoid playing him next year so would be happy enough to see them go down. Don't think anyone would realistically blame TW. Think that's why he took it, it's a bit of a free hit. 

Don't particularly care about St Mirren but would love 6th as it would guarantee finishing above United and cementing top team in Tayside. Again.

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

Yeah I've got a boring opinion piece on it I'll double check tomorrow before doing anything with, which is probably all wrong and just bullshit, but set up forced Livi long while also removing them winning second balls in our half as Craig/McCann could sit relatively deep when their CBs had the ball.
They split their CMs a lot when their CBs have it, push their FBs right up, meaning they congest that cental area but also drag a CM out of position, opening up a route from CB to ST, but our shape fucked that up for them.
Don't think we create enough when using it, but when we're so dominant aerial against them then forcing them long and playing for a goal at a set piece is a really good tactic IMO.
Look forward to seeing

3 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Look forward to seeing

I just state the obvious things that everyone already knows I think, tbh 😂 all a bit pointless I guess.

19 minutes ago, perthsaints99 said:

Just heard Davie Martindale on the BBC Sportsound podcast tell Kenny Mac that he would rather finish fourth than have won the cup on Sunday... Really? 😦

Sampling a bit too much of the supply by the sounds of it.

I've not heard the comments but seen a few say on twitter that the chairman of Livi made some even more strange comments post match than Martindale. 

Can anyone elaborate on those? 

My lucky number is 32 and I therefore turned the television volume up to 32 for the cup final on Sunday. I didn’t realise at the time of Rooney’s goal because I was so caught up in the moment, but the chills went right through me when I later realised that he scored in the 32nd minute. God is real. And his name is Shaun Rooney.

36 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I've not heard the comments but seen a few say on twitter that the chairman of Livi made some even more strange comments post match than Martindale. 

Can anyone elaborate on those? 

EvWQ2b_XEAAi7PE.thumb.jpeg.c87cfe845897d6bf155fbdd64e4ddbb5.jpg.316e69199f04cfcd538c99443053f5e8.jpg

Taken from the match thread. 

From their CEO no less. Glorious.

Can't believe I haven't seen this until now. He's since made his Twitter private and removed any mention of his position at Livi from his bio.