Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

It will indeed be much worse next year but can't be avoided. 

It's why though earlier in the year I was saying if we get a decent money offer for McCann the club won't be willing to say no. Whatever "decent" equals, I dont know but can't see the club doing all they can to keep hold of him should an offer come in. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I guess most people have seen this in the Courier article, but just posting here incase folk have missed it. I've not seen the full game since the tape went missing at my grans house about 20 years ago.

On that video, I went straight to 45 mins and it was as I remembered it, Simao clean through and Hugh Dallas blows for half-time. Need to see it to believe it. 

Guess the biggest shock is he didn't just randomly red card John O'Neil for nothing again. 

198999612_Screenshot_20210225-2013102.thumb.jpg.3185fe9ce182f8c0db6ef92b057432b3.jpg

Oscar Dorely just come on for Slavia Prague in the Europa League against Leicester. One that definitely got away for sure, still only 22 but looks to have developed into a properly good player who's bulked up and added some physicality to his obvious talent. 

The 98 side was class. I was at the Final, and watched that side, but can't remember much if anything at all about them anymore, too young for it to really sink in.

Can see why everyone found them so exciting though, proper bollocks out style in midfield with everyone but Dasovic getting forward when the ball was won, and Simao is just electric. Felt having a similar player on the right would've made a huge difference, Scott kept coming central and McQuillan never went beyond him, so seemed easy for Rangers to stop play on that side.

3 hours ago, Radford said:

On that video, I went straight to 45 mins and it was as I remembered it, Simao clean through and Hugh Dallas blows for half-time. Need to see it to believe it. 

Guess the biggest shock is he didn't just randomly red card John O'Neil for nothing again. 

198999612_Screenshot_20210225-2013102.thumb.jpg.3185fe9ce182f8c0db6ef92b057432b3.jpg

48:25 on that video.

Even Archie MacPherson is questioning of Dallas' decision at that point, which is saying something.

Rangers had obviously got to take their corner and see their attack through to a conclusion when Saints countered through Simao, free with loads of space to run with the ball with a fellow Saints player wide open in the centre circle.  

As blatant and unashamed a display of cheating as you could hope to see.

Have to say the refereeing against them both is not perfect these days, but I don't think it's anywhere near as shocking as it used to be.

48:25 on that video.
Even Archie MacPherson is questioning of Dallas' decision at that point, which is saying something.
Rangers had obviously got to take their corner and see their attack through to a conclusion when Saints countered through Simao, free with loads of space to run with the ball with a fellow Saints player wide open in the centre circle.  
As blatant and unashamed a display of cheating as you could hope to see.
Have to say the refereeing against them both is not perfect these days, but I don't think it's anywhere near as shocking as it used to be.
Dallas was obviously half of the Watson Dallas joinery firm from back in the day. Davie Watson was my cousin who sadly passed away a couple of years ago. Davie was a massive Saints fan, pretty sure they had a massive fallout on the Monday at work [emoji23][emoji23]

On 25/02/2021 at 08:41, tree house tam said:

For anyone who hasn't seen it already

IMG_20210225_084315.thumb.jpg.2f037d98a0a9154c2670bef379fc2277.jpg

IMG_20210225_084321.thumb.jpg.8c6c931999fd0bf2d43ca8f2ccb2b888.jpg

Have a wee feeling it might be a tad worse next time, decent amount in reserves though.

The FY21 financial statements will be much more interesting. I might have missed it but did Saints end up taking out that loan in the end?

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Bottom 6 confirmed all but confirmed with the results today.

Not really that bothered if we finish anywhere between 6-9th, other than the difference in prize money, you’re not getting the advantage of crowds. 

For me survival was the name of the game this season with a rookie manager and the smallest squad in the league. The fact we’re most likely comfortably safe and in with a chance of winning the only cup competition this season (most likely) represents a good season for me. Obviously I’d have loved to have finished top half (not out the question) but so long as we finish the season strongly that’s all that matters. 

Yeah I think 5th was beyond us now, so not fussed about the top half, although I guess it'll impact the budget to some degree.

Focus is getting safety completely secured as quickly as possible. 4pts should do that, and then gives you time to plan for next season.

Not based on anything, but feel like we'll be more prepared for the 21/22 season than we were for this one, which hopefully bodes well.