Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Was meaning more that you can't rely on us getting penalties (only got 3 in the league last season), so we need open play goals from our strikers. May hasn't been giving us that since he re-joined.
I like May and think he's still our best striker, but there's no way he deserves to be one of our highest earners based on the last 1.5 seasons, so his wage needs to reflect that.

Fair point - but I do think worth saying May has won a few of those penalties himself through good striking play which obviously contributes to the number of penalties we earn as a side!

Middleton could end up absolutely brilliant for us, FWIW.

Obviously a reason he didn't play much at Hibs (I'm refusing to read much into a 20/21yo not getting game time ahead of Kent/Hagi/Jones tbh), but from watching him at Rangers in 18/19, and Scotlands U21 squad since, he looks better than MOH did when he joined.

FWIW at Hibs he set up this goal against us...

Then Hibs got pumped by Motherwell, changed their shape to only include one real winger, and he never returned to their starting line up before his loan ended.

Edited by RandomGuy.

What it does say signing Middleton is that the 5-2-3 is set to continue. 

Aside from the shape discussion. Does he improve the starting 11? Not seen much of him so can't possibly pass comment myself. 

Conway while does look extremely fit for a 35 year old winger as the season goes on I can't see him managing to play 90 mins every week despite, particularly twice a week. MOH has already shown enough that he cannot adapt to the role and actually looked much more comfortable even at wing back in that short period he played there. 

Not every Rangers fan will agree but, for me, the best thing to do with young Middleton is to play him through the middle.  As I have said many times he has pace, positional sense and an eye for goal but he hasn't got much of a cross in him so is, largely, wasted as a winger. 

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

How do you think the final will go btw? @RandomGuy. - your lot are seeming to find form at the right time. Upwards trajectory for the next month and we've got a cracker incoming

I'm hoping you hit a slump before the Final 😂

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Burns reporting Millwall are after Porteous, so expect an influx of Hibs fans telling everyone they're signing Kerr for £200k.

I’m perfectly prepared for this to come back on me down the line, but Porteous is fucking rubbish. Almost every time I see him he’s either doing something rash or doing something basic badly that costs his team a goal like in the semi final. Massively over rated IMO.

Occasionally fans could criticise Mr Broon for some of his media comments a little down beat, pragmatic etc. 

Real positivity today though which is great and no headlines of "the financial benefit" of reaching the final either which I quite like. Just about the football & the fans. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

8 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I’m perfectly prepared for this to come back on me down the line, but Porteous is fucking rubbish. Almost every time I see him he’s either doing something rash or doing something basic badly that costs his team a goal like in the semi final. Massively over rated IMO.

Said it before, he’s a huge liability that hibs fans get behind because he’ll kick OF players and kiss the badge.

If you’re needing free kicks round the box or penalties he’s your man to go at.  Will do okay in the cut and thrust of Scottish football, but he’s in no way suited to international football where good positional sense and staying on your feet are more important.

An absolute travesty that he’s been picked in Scotland squads ahead of Kerr. And I’m not saying Kerr necessarily should be in there, but he should be a long way ahead of Porteous.

Edited by PauloPerth