Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

Alright Randomguy what jobber have you recommended?

Nothing to do with me 😂

Living up to my Randoom moniker by reckoning its just to build hype/excitement before the Semi Final.

Taking him on trial suggests he isn't the one who's close to signing. Given there was hope from Davidson that whoever joins would be available straight away for the semi on Saturday, doubt given how risk averse he is, he'd even contemplate putting in a guy who's not played this season and has only played 21 senior games into a cup semi. 

Either way sounds like a replacement for Bryson/Craig long term which is quite good, suggests some forward planning. Chances are he'll be on a lower wage and that long term he's maybe one who earns a bigger move. Pleased to see Davidson looking at younger targets too, try to dispel the myth he was only interested in raising the squads age.

JRG Now writing to all clubs asking to know if they’re following protocol.

Sincerely hope Celtic get telt if they’re that concerned to get changed on the astroturf.

Heard his name before because he's Scottish, but zero idea about him.

Young player who's lost his way at a bigger club and needs games/confidence is the type of player we should be going after sometimes though.

Small risk/high reward strategy. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

This talk of a new signing has come at the right time.  Raised my excitement levels on the lead up to the semi final, which was feeling quite flat. Amazing what a win and the prospect of a new body can do.  Cue Saints signing an immobile 39:year old. 

54 minutes ago, Widge said:

Taking him on trial suggests he isn't the one who's close to signing. Given there was hope from Davidson that whoever joins would be available straight away for the semi on Saturday, doubt given how risk averse he is, he'd even contemplate putting in a guy who's not played this season and has only played 21 senior games into a cup semi. 

Either way sounds like a replacement for Bryson/Craig long term which is quite good, suggests some forward planning. Chances are he'll be on a lower wage and that long term he's maybe one who earns a bigger move. Pleased to see Davidson looking at younger targets too, try to dispel the myth he was only interested in raising the squads age.

Been suggested to me by the same person who out the blue messaged me about his trial yesterday has said the trial "finished yesterday" but we're waiting to hear back from the player. 

Doubt he'll be signed by the weekend though tbh. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Been suggested to me by the same person who out the blue messaged me about his trial yesterday has said the trial "finished yesterday" but we're waiting to hear back from the player. 

The Herald have it the other way around - the player is waiting to hear from us. :lol: 

Two new signings before the window closes would be a huge boost for us. We’d almost certainly fill the bench every week too.