Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

38 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Kelty, Dunfermline and Dundee away, and (at the very least) a cup semi final all in the space of about four months and all behind closed doors. This could have been a tremendous year for away days.

And Peterhead 

20 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you want cheered up, Falkirk fans are currently debating whether they should hire Tommy Wright or not.

Now moved onto "Shite we got Celtic and it'll be on TV. If we got County we would have made a shit load of money off of the PPV".

Is it League One that turns fans heads to absolute mush? 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Mock all you want but we have been below our expected Tommys (xT) for while now and will undoubtedly come good.

This is funny because I mentioned xG once.

Any day home or away would be a good day though right now. 
I'll never moan about the queue in the Muirton Suite ever again. 
The Muirton Suite could set some sort of record for Covid spread if reopened now.

4 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Never see  him play, but I'm always a bit wary when someone's' wiki page has his position as 'utility player'.

He can play as an out and out striker, as a winger, in midfield, and in defense as a left back or centre back. His main attributes are his ball control and versatility.

In amongst mostly average goalscoring seasons he's had a couple of decent ones in league two: 10 in 38 for Accrington in 2013-14, and 13 in 37 for Portsmouth in 2016-17.

FWIW, he seems to have predominantly played as a left winger, with the odd run at left back/central behind a striker, for Portsmouth. His time with Wigan started the same, but descended into madness around the same time they seemed to hit financial issues, so presumably they ended up with almost no players and just wedged folk in wherever (which is likely why they're about to find themselves in League Two).

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

FWIW, he seems to have predominantly played as a left winger, with the odd run at left back/central behind a striker, for Portsmouth. His time with Wigan started the same, but descended into madness around the same time they seemed to hit financial issues, so presumably they ended up with almost no players and just wedged folk in wherever (which is likely why they're about to find themselves in League Two).

Will suit CD's teams perfectly then!

4 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Some of our fans talking about relegation for us this season. Surely not with a squad as good as this. If it happened, who would be to blame.

More a case of who wouldn't be tbh.

36pts the first target to try and avoid 11th, means we need at least 17 points from the next 16 games.

10 games against bottom half sides left I think, so theres your target. We need to win at least 5 of them, picking up points elsewhere as well.

My worry is I can't see us managing that. Against the bottom two this season we've picked up 1 win from 4 games.

24 minutes ago, andrewh said:

Some of our fans talking about relegation for us this season. Surely not with a squad as good as this. If it happened, who would be to blame.

Definite possibility going by the way we have been playing ...   Naive management and sticking with tactics that aren't working the cause imo..  and I'm not convinced by the ongoing slogan that everything is going to come good all of a sudden - unless things change of course.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Kal Naismith is a very good player. Even being linked to him this morning came as a pleasant surprise to me. 

Its worth noting, but I get him higher rated in terms of being a winger than both Conway and MOH this season, despite him playing some of this season as a left back.

I'm unsure who that reflects well/badly on.

30 minutes ago, Saint Huck said:

unless things change of course.

Our glorious bald saviour is here (assuming someone can finish these)...

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 hours ago, andrewh said:

Thats what Hibs, United, Dundee fans all said...

"Surely not". 

Look what happened and it feels like we're sleep walking towards it too. 

At the moment, if we continue to play the way we are and continue to look so disorganised then the manager without question. The carbon copy goals we lose make it look like we're doing nothing to rectify the issues. "Just keep trying and it'll be fine.". 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our glorious bald saviour is here (assuming someone can finish these)...

Do you think any of our central forwards would regularly make those kind of runs or be in those areas to get on the end of those? Hendry most likely if any?

Not sure he'll end up at Saints in any case but not much else to do on a Sunday night right now other than look into him I guess?

Wonder if any of the others who were meant to going to Cyprus are now available after big Mick's sacking.

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.