Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

19 hours ago, The Marly said:
19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Reckon most of them are low shots?
Sure someone on here had mentioned they thought a lot of his issues were he couldn't react to low shots quick enough, first goal probably a really good example of that.

The worst example was Cosgrove for Aberdeen in the game we ended up with nine men. I swear Zander was still diving for it when Hendry was getting shown the red card in the second half. And the ref thought Callum was fucking late???

must admit he's absolutely rubbish and says he's prepared to put off his wedding for the Euros 

When it rains for this team, it really pours. 4 losses in a row, 3 red cards in our last 3 games. At times I feel we’ve been unlucky, at times there have been some unquestionably poor tactical decisions and at times the players have just been individually poor.

Games against Hamilton at home and Ross county away come at a good time in one way as the easiest possible fixture pairing but from another viewpoint, we really have to take at least 4 points or Davidson will be under a bit of pressure.

8 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Your attitude is pathetic,we played well,deserved more,maybe you shouldnt have picked Saints to support,they never asked you to 

f**k off. Honestly. If you sit watching that winning goal and your first thought is "but we played well" then you've no idea about football. Losing that game was completely preventable. We keep gifting away goals. 

I'm fed up hearing "oh but we played well, we deserved more" hard luck story again. WE DIDNT WIN THOUGH. 12th defeat of the season. We've not won a league game since the first week of Nov. But we played well? 🙄

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

f**k off. Honestly. If you sit watching that winning goal and your first thought is "but we played well" then you've no idea about football. Losing that game was completely preventable. We keep gifting away goals. 

I'm fed up hearing "oh but we played well, we deserved more" hard luck story again. WE DIDNT WIN THOUGH. 12th defeat of the season. 

You f**k off, my dads bigger than yours.A mistake by one player all game cost us a goal,and a non penalty.If you think we didn’t deserve something go back to hockey with your boyfriend ,

I'm much happier with that performance than I have been for quite a few weeks.

We looked like a well balanced team. The penalty decision did for us, really poor refereeing.  So close to going in ahead at the interval.  Disappointing we didn't get going in the period after half time, always felt Aberdeen would try to come at us after their half time rollicking for being so poor in the first half, and we failed to get hold of the ball. Inevitably Aberdeen got their second, poor from Liam Craig who otherwise had a good game.

We came back into it but I felt we went long ball a bit too often in the second half against big physical defenders who lapped it up.

Hopefully the players and manager don't get too down after that performance, there where a lot more positives than negatives, and plenty to build on for the two big games coming up.

Thought Zander did okay overall, especially considering all eyes would have been on him after Wednesday night, and really liking the way Rooney is performing for us.  I didn't rate him at all initially but fair play to him he's  looking like a decent signing.

2 minutes ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

You f**k off, my dads bigger than yours.A mistake by one player all game cost us a goal,and a non penalty.If you think we didn’t deserve something go back to hockey with your boyfriend ,

I don't care whether we deserved something or not. We yet again didn't get something from the game because of of another individual error from a cross into the box. 

5 goals in 3 games from crosses... But we played well...? 🙄

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

I'm fed up hearing "oh but we played well, we deserved more" hard luck story again. WE DIDNT WIN THOUGH. 12th defeat of the season. We've not won a league game since the first week of Nov. But we played well? 🙄

100% we had one bad decision against us, the rest is standard at Johnstone at the min. Sloppy under any pressure and devoid of any attacking threat

I think you could see progress in that performance. 

Second half was poor, as was the winner, but at least the issue in midfield has been identified and rectified. 

That sending offs being coming. Much like our saints performances this season, feel I've seen that same cameo from Hendry over and over. Come on, give pointless fouls away and go into fits of petulance.

Kane is the "best of the rest" currently.

That sending offs being coming. Much like our saints performances this season, feel I've seen that same cameo from Hendry over and over. Come on, give pointless fouls away and go into fits of petulance.

I know everyone is giving up on Melamed already but based entirely on their performances this season I’d rather the bold Israeli was given the half hour off the bench rather than Hendry, who is very lucky not to have more red cards than goals this term.

8 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

We can't have this red card every week nonsense. 

Get rid of Hendry, MOH and Melemed now.

We need new strikers to help May and Kane.

12 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Agree

Yeah Hendry has probably plumped himself down to 4th choice now, sadly. I like him but hes been making that same sort of challenge, and being punished for it, for as long as hes played for us now.

MOH in a similar boat, in that he doesn't have enough credit in the bank with the new manager to get away with acting the way he has been in the tackle.

I know folk are frustrated but I feel you have to take positives out of performances when they are there. The winner is really poor and we need to improve on that aspect of the game but only focusing on that doesn't really achieve anything on an individual or general level. But obviously in the first regard, you can't tell people how to feel, so as always, respect people's right to vent their feelings. 

Hopefully what we saw today at the least was that we don't need to religiously stick with the until now preferred system. I thought the more conventional 3-5-2 helped all the players on the pitch, other than maybe Booth but then he wasn't expected to be involved for so long. Has to be a concern about the Tanser injury. 

On Melamed, it just seems so pointless giving him 5 minutes to do something. If he's not good enough, try and move him on (plenty other teams were apparently interested) but if the manager think he does have something then you need to be brave an give him a proper shot. Hendry has been a massive disappointment this season and his attitude appears pretty shit at times. 

Edited by Radford

Feel for Saints. There performances are very good at Pittodrie and more evidence of it today. I don't feel they deserved to lose and I definitely feel they're too good to go down. Ali McCann is a player, wouldn't mind seeing him in a red shirt.

As for us, very lucky. Change of shape second half must be what we start with on Wednesday against Livi.

Alan Muir made some weird decisions today.

Edit: Posted on wrong thread

Edited by Irrational Behaviour