Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Yes, no issue with the renewals til the end of the season.  Reliable squad players who will do a job. We are already low on numbers so letting any of them go to then have the hassle of finding replacements, and the unknown of whether they turn out to be any good isn't worth it.

Sensible thing to do.

Could still do with a new player or two until the end of the season who will get goals or create chances. Or a big f**k off animal to play at the back and shake the pretty boys back there up a bit.

@Radford Brian Clough Larry Lloyd quote please.  Think it was in Shaughnessy's early days it was last mentioned...

"David (Needham), you're probably wondering why I've left you out. You've done ever so well since I bought you. David, I really can't fault you. You're a lovely boy. If my daughter were looking to bring a man home to marry, you'd be that man. You're that nice, David, I'd have you as my son-in-law.

"I hate that fucking b*****d over there. And that's why you're not in the team. You're not a b*****d like Larry Lloyd. And, son, I want a b*****d in my defence."

@PauloPerth

Not sure what I make of these contract renewals, Kane is Kane and seems to be loved by every manager. The other two have two league starts between them since the 23rd of august. Obviously as others have said we don’t want to needlessly weaken the squad ( it’s weak enough anyway ) but I hope these signings don’t stop us getting a winger in January. 

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

McNamara heading back to Millwall and we're getting James Brown - who lasted 1 game at Livingston before being trebauchet'd -in his place.

Braw :rolleyes: 

Recalled or sent back?

Perhaps Callum is reacting to us being so vulnerable to high balls into his area, particularly after the weekend. If might even mean a switch to a back 4. 

From a very quick look this Brown character isn't getting a game for Lincoln City.

McNamara has done well and a good footballer etc but will this mean we'll stop punting the ball into the box aimlessly from deep? [emoji51][emoji23] He's the worst culprit for it. 

Pity but he has not been so effective recently so thanks for your help but we move on.

I read that, as Millwall intend to send Brown our way, doesn't mean we'll actually take him, especially if Davidson knows if he's any good. To be fair, play Rooney and use O'Halloran as cover (never thought I'd say that!) or alter the system slightly.

Might not be a bad thing, as good as McNamara has been and as sad as I'll be to see him go, he's dropped off recently and was looking a little suspect defensively, especially in the air. Rooney might not be as technically good, but he isn't going to get bullied that's for sure. 

Suppose this is the risk you take with loan signings. New lad might have his wages paid by Millwall as part of this? 

He seems to captain their U23s, so guess there's that.

With a bit of luck he's decent and willing to sign on for next season too, McNamara was never here beyond the end of the season at best.

Doesn't mean much, if anything, but Rowett is quoted a few times saying he believes Brown has huge potential, and has kept him at the club ahead of others over the past year as he's the "best" of the back up RBs.

Might be a lot of shite tbh.

He's played right midfield (his 1 appearance for Livingston was there against Celtic) aswell as RB, so potentially offer more in terms of 1v1 attacking?

f**k knows tbh.

12 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Just read about McNamara being recalled with Millwall sending James Brown as a replacement....nae luck. Was brought in on loan by Kenny Miller and was sent packing just as quickly as Miller

He played 60 minutes for you lot, under the management of Kenny Miller, at Parkhead, over 2 years ago.

Apologies for not writing him off based on that tbh.