Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

21 hours ago, Yenitit said:

If you cuntos don’t take points off of Celtic tomorrow you’re doing the whole of Scottish football a disservice. 

You’ve got 1 job to do tomorrow Saintees. Don’t let us down. 

Will one do ?

Good team performance today. Well organised, and probably had a lot more possession against Celtic than we've become used to over the last few years.

Thought McCann absolutely looked the part today.  Nothing spectacular, just doing simple things brilliantly, constantly breaking up play and keeping possession.  He's the kind of player a lot of neutrals wouldn't really be aware of in a game, but once you do notice him you never stop noticing him.

The entire back three were good, as was Tanser. Thought it was tough for McNamara but he kept going. May put in a hell of a shift, and Chris Kane was very good when he came on, not just for getting the goal.  Agree with the point made about losing O'Halloran's pace on the counter didn't help our game plan. 

Would have taken a point before the game, but disappointed that they got a goal out of nowhere, they weren't even creating much at the time.  That's the one frustration with this Saints team, just seem to lose shite goals and rarely gain points we don't deserve or where we have been second best, which other teams seem much better at doing.

Good team performance today. Well organised, and probably had a lot more possession against Celtic than we've become used to over the last few years.

Thought McCann absolutely looked the part today.  Nothing spectacular, just doing simple things brilliantly, constantly breaking up play and keeping possession.  He's the kind of player a lot of neutrals wouldn't really be aware of in a game, but once you do notice him you never stop noticing him.

The entire back three were good, as was Tanser. Thought it was tough for McNamara but he kept going. May put in a hell of a shift, and Chris Kane was very good when he came on, not just for getting the goal.  Agree with the point made about losing O'Halloran's pace on the counter didn't help our game plan. 

Would have taken a point before the game, but disappointed that they got a goal out of nowhere, they weren't even creating much at the time.  That's the one frustration with this Saints team, just seem to lose shite goals and rarely gain points we don't deserve or where we have been second best, which other teams seem much better at doing.

Thought McNamara looked much more comfortable second half vs Taylor - struggled more with someone looking to get in behind in the first half.

Its a real positive the roles the likes of Rooney, Craig, Kane and O'Hallaron have had the last few weeks. It's such a small squad but Davidson seems to have it primed to deal with multiple absences at a time. I wouldn't imagined at the start of the season saints managing today's result minus three regular starters and losing one of their replacements after half an hour.

Eta - McCann was excellent again - it's almost expected that level from him now. I think Bryson has looked a decent addition too minus two crazy moments.

There's a 6ft5 CF available for free this Summer, who's putting up above average Scottish Premiership figures in EFL League 2 for Walsall.

His agency is Stellar, who have John Inglis and Allan Preston on their books...

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's a 6ft5 CF available for free this Summer, who's putting up above average Scottish Premiership figures in EFL League 2 for Walsall.

His agency is Stellar, who have John Inglis and Allan Preston on their books...

Why you telling us? I'll PM you Callums number.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Why you telling us? I'll PM you Callums number.

Hes probably already got clubs into him that would be beyond us tbh.

I had a shortlist of players this Summer and Peterbrough/Blackpool/Portsmouth had signed the majority of them pretty quick. I've probably just stumbled onto a similar system that they perfected about 10 years ago.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes probably already got clubs into him that would be beyond us tbh.

I had a shortlist of players this Summer and Peterbrough/Blackpool/Portsmouth had signed the majority of them pretty quick. I've probably just stumbled onto a similar system that they perfected about 10 years ago.

Even if that's is the case you've got to start somewhere! If you're enjoying it etc that's all that matters! 

Ignore grumpy Tam. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Even if that's is the case you've got to start somewhere! If you're enjoying it etc that's all that matters! 

Ignore grumpy Tam. 

I'm away to start building a goalkeeper database, just to see how bad Clark has actually been.

The goal was a bit like the Accies one that came off the shoulder. Clark almost anticipates it as being a proper effort and is in the air too early rather than moving his feet. He'll get caned for it on the old xSv but he had a decent game and has been a lot more solid in recent weeks. Getting better all the time with his feet too. Hopefully playing himself back into some form. 

4 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

That was an excellent performance today. Stevie mays work rate is unbelievable 

I’m starting to worry about May’s contract situation. He’s been excellent in 2020. He doesn’t score like he used to but he’s a much better player now than when he left us. 

I was wrong to be sceptical about Davidson. I still worry about our ability to breakdown teams at home but we are really pleasing on the eye. 

Hopefully things are more normal next summer and Davidson can build his own squad.

40 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Clark to blame for that goal today or is that being pretty harsh?

Don't think it's saveable to be honest.

The lucky/perfect loop but also to much pace on it to get to it. 

42 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I've told him before to tell the club, he's a shitebag. 

Tbh, even if it was the best database in that world I doubt it would make it past the first mailbox it landed in. 

55 minutes ago, subtleapple said:

Some stride on Shaun Rooney, the man who would actually run through a brick wall?

I also think he'd enjoy doing it. 

He's the kind of player we need though. The rest of the squad as good as many of them are. Most of them are to nice. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Just now, Kyle said:

I’m starting to worry about May’s contract situation.

Thing is, where is he gonna go? I don't see a life-changing move back to England being offered up and the options in Scotland don't jump out at you. 

He's scored 14 goals in 2020 (in 30 games) so at that scoring rate, before you add everything else he brings, he's worth his money.