Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

18 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Speaking of which, the Northern Ireland manager is trying to get him a move:

Baraclough believes midfielder McCann is ready for step up after impressive international displays

Similar to Gareth McAuley's column in some Belfast rag that I saw pop up on Google. You just know when someone starts off a sentence with "no direspect to Saints, but...." that's exactly what they are going to do!

"If I was Ian Baraclough, I'd be actively going through my contacts book today and telling representatives at high level clubs in England to go and take a look at St Johnstone's young midfielder Ali McCann.

No disrespect to the Saints but, after his two performances for Northern Ireland during the past week, McCann deserves to be playing for a bigger club with better players and grander ambitions.

He's a great find, looks to have all the attributes needed for an international midfielder and he is still remarkably young, only turning 21 next month."

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

My ranking system for strikers has Steven MacLean 16/17 being the best striker we've had from 16/17-19/20, for anyone who cares.

Chris Kane has declined every season since 16/17, where he was a slightly above average Premiership striker to now being one of the worst. 

Hendry on course this season to be dead bottom, May on course to better last season, but only just.

Also looked up potential replacements for McCann, and Matt Butcher comes out almost as the top 😭 Ben Close at Portsmouth probably the best option based on paper, unsure how much he'd be earning, but there's about 4/5 younger players out of contract this Summer who fit the rough profile. Would imagine/hope the club have already started looking for his replacement.

haha. the club do something proactive. that's a good one

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

Not really too chuffed with the Northern Irish Manager pimping out our player if I’m honest.

To be fair, with Baraclough's standing in football, him pimping the player probably guarantees McCann a lifelong career at Saints!  

1 hour ago, Nelly78 said:

Similar to Gareth McAuley's column in some Belfast rag that I saw pop up on Google. You just know when someone starts off a sentence with "no direspect to Saints, but...." that's exactly what they are going to do!

"If I was Ian Baraclough, I'd be actively going through my contacts book today and telling representatives at high level clubs in England to go and take a look at St Johnstone's young midfielder Ali McCann.

No disrespect to the Saints but, after his two performances for Northern Ireland during the past week, McCann deserves to be playing for a bigger club with better players and grander ambitions.

He's a great find, looks to have all the attributes needed for an international midfielder and he is still remarkably young, only turning 21 next month."

Gareth McAuley sounds like a c**t.  Hopefully someone starts a Richard Brittain type internet hate campaign against him until he apologises.

Playing at Saints since he was 13, McCann has developed to a point where he's good enough to start regularly in the Premiership, and play for Northern Ireland before turning 21, yet suddenly he has to move away to develop.

@Widge

McCowan2.thumb.png.8e126b8264eb5193fba3693c391796b1.png

All figures per90, plotted against MOH and Conway over the past calender year (inner limits/outer limits set to min/max figures from the 3 for each set).

22yo, turns 23 in December, free in the Summer. Won't lie, not seen a huge amount of him, but you could ask about him on this site...

Spoiler

McCowan.thumb.png.68705aa1e4745b11a040d3d4038ca4b6.png

Thats him if you add Wotherspoon into the mix, difference between the two radar hopefully highlights quite how good Wotherspoon is. Dribbles changed from overall, to successful, between the two radars, FWIW.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Muzz likely to miss the next 2 games due to concussion. Seems no major issue with his shoulder or collar bone. 

Conway - tbc. Needs his nose reset but was unable to have that done Saturday due to swelling. 

-------

When they first announced the tiers the fact fans could be back in tier 0 & 1 I thought after a while we'd possibly have limited numbers back at games. How wrong was I! Heading further and further away!

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Having just watched all of the weekend's highlights, would it be fair to say that we currently play the second most sexy brand of football in the Scottish Premiership? I think so.
If you're saying one of the bigot brothers play sexier football than Saints, you're cancelled.

36 minutes ago, The Marly said:
11 hours ago, The Real Saints said:
Having just watched all of the weekend's highlights, would it be fair to say that we currently play the second most sexy brand of football in the Scottish Premiership? I think so.

If you're saying one of the bigot brothers play sexier football than Saints, you're cancelled.

St Mirren, of course. What a performance and what a team.

Could this team be any more frustrating?

In games we're either feeble going forward and solid at the back or the opposite and creating some chances but not looking solid at the back at all.

In the first half hour last night nearly every time Nesbitt received the ball in and around the box was able to get a clean strike away and should probably have done better. 

We seem to lack that real self belief and winning mentality. That's now 6 league games this season we should have gained more points from than we managed. Certainly a recurring theme that's for sure? 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

11 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Could this team be any more frustrating?

In games we're either feeble going forward and solid at the back or the opposite and creating some chances but not looking solid at the back at all.

In the first half hour last night nearly every time Nesbitt received the ball in and around the box was able to get a clean strike away and should probably have done better. 

Nisbet

Ventured into the Hibs forum cause I was bored this morning and stumbled across a thread on Ali McCann.

Highlight of such thread being that he's not worth 7 figures and that saints would bite the hand off for £250k. He's also apparently not up to very much and isn't going to make it at a high level, so much so he's a worse player than Greg Docherty. I'm sure Ali at the age of 20 with his 2 international caps already will be dreadfully upset Hibs fans don't rate him.

Either way I know all to well most folk on forums are idiots and it's more a place for ridicule, but it amused me.