Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our fans are an odd bunch.

Currently mass seethe that season ticket holders have to pay for the Brechin game despite the fact season tickets were clearly advertised as being for league games only.

Add in them wanting "loyalty" shown by the club for not taking refunds last season, despite it being their decision not to accept a refund when it was offered.

You'd think the club had forced them to refuse the refund and buy a new season ticket.

I appreciate people might be concerned about money right now due to job insecurity etc etc but the club just are not in a position to give away free games that were confirmed not included in the season ticket. It's like anything else though, football is a luxury, we've all had to make that choice over certain periods of time, "I'm a wee bit skint this much" I'll need to give that away game a miss etc and the same applies now. If folk don't want/can't afford then don't stream. 

Many have proclaimed "It was included last season". Last season we weren't paying players with basically zero income!

Some fans don't seem to realise that Saints NEED that money right now and clubs are at serious risk of not being able to complete the season. Even if there was 500 stream purchases. That's critical. 

What do they want? The club to show them loyalty or to make the decisions that could potentially keep the club alive. 

I appreciate financially  at the start of the season we weren't in the worst state compared to others but if we end of going the whole season without fans come next summer like most clubs we'll be in trouble. Were not "bulletproof" 😜

I know you're pretty much agreeing with me but this whole paddy while the situation not ideal for fans is a massive over reaction which evidently makes me quite ranty 😂

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Currently mass seethe that season ticket holders have to pay for the Brechin game despite the fact season tickets were clearly advertised as being for league games only.

Add in them wanting "loyalty" shown by the club for not taking refunds last season, despite it being their decision not to accept a refund when it was offered.

You'd think the club had forced them to refuse the refund and buy a new season ticket.

I wouldn't say there was a "Mass Seethe". A few people on social media having a bit of a grumpy maybe.

A few bawbags on the banter page doesn't constitute "mass seethe".

27 minutes ago, Bose said:

Tried to order the game and it doesn’t recognise either of my login details, season ticket or Saints Tv. Surely I don’t need a separate login just for this game? 

According to the email I got today, we do...

The cost of the stream will be £12.50 and those wishing to watch must create a username and password on the PPV site then purchase a pass to be able to view the match, similar to how fans have been able to watch away matches this campaign.

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A few bawbags on the banter page doesn't constitute "mass seethe".

This. There are more than a few bawbags in the Saints support, it's just a pity they're often the most vocal.

47 minutes ago, Bose said:

Tried to order the game and it doesn’t recognise either of my login details, season ticket or Saints Tv. Surely I don’t need a separate login just for this game? 

Saints TV is a separate website as far as I can tell, so your log in for that won't work.

Your season ticket log in will automatically be confirming PPV, if that makes sense, so they can't use that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, tree house tam said:

This. There are more than a few bawbags in the Saints support, it's just a pity they're often the most vocal.

Ghostie is the first one I seen. About 5 tweets to the official account about how scandalous it was to treat a loyal fan this way.

All because its £12 to watch a Saints game.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ghostie is the first one I seen. About 5 tweets to the official account about how scandalous it was to treat a loyal fan this way.

It would be great if the official twitter replied "ok Gordon you can have your season ticket money back, just f**k off and never return"

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We knew when we renewed our season tickets we might not get in this season. Seems some people think that this renewal has turned them into martyrs. As you say it’s £12, watch or don’t but stop whining. 

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Loyalty is immaterial at times like this. 

Also, I'm happy enough to give a fiver or whatever it is to Brechin and Kelty Heart if that helps them keep afloat. Well, happy to give it to Brechin anyway. 

Remember that we'll be getting cash from the Dundee United virtual support too which should be decent. 

Would be good to get an idea what viewing numbers are. Might even give the players a wee boost if they know that there's a big 'crowd' watching them.

Loyalty is immaterial at times like this. 
Also, I'm happy enough to give a fiver or whatever it is to Brechin and Kelty Heart if that helps them keep afloat. Well, happy to give it to Brechin anyway. 
Remember that we'll be getting cash from the Dundee United virtual support too which should be decent. 
Would be good to get an idea what viewing numbers are. Might even give the players a wee boost if they know that there's a big 'crowd' watching them.

We won’t be, the United games on Premier Sport I think? So surely we won’t be able to stream it, instead we get the TV money from them showing it which would probably be more.

5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

It would be great if the official twitter replied "ok Gordon you can have your season ticket money back, just f**k off and never return"

I'll do it when they eventually give me the password.

I see h'es now "donated" £12.50 to a club employee rather than give the club it to watch a match, out of protest.

Absolute NAP if we lose we'll all discover he did actually pay to watch the match as there'll be a giant rant about how hopeless it all is.

Is this 'Gordon' a Gordon Muir by chance? And is that Ghostie? Jeezo. I made a sly wee dig to my mate on Twitter on St Johnstone about 2-3 year ago and he followed me around on Twitter for a good 2-3 weeks commenting on everything I commented on along with some other woman he was pals with to the point that they were the only people I've ever blocked on any platform. Jeezo.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is this 'Gordon' a Gordon Muir by chance? And is that Ghostie? Jeezo. I made a sly wee dig to my mate on Twitter on St Johnstone about 2-3 year ago and he followed me around on Twitter for a good 2-3 weeks commenting on everything I commented on along with some other woman he was pals with to the point that they were the only people I've ever blocked on any platform. Jeezo.

Aye.

From this...

To this...

I daresay me posting this is just giving him the attentions hes after though.

Ghostie is one weird,angry dinner lady.

Remembered a story by Danny Griffin. At a Football Fans in Training event in Dunfermline Ghostie threw a massive strop and tried to walk back to Perth😁

Edited by The Saintee