Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, The Marly said:

Is young Denham out on loan or still at the club?

Never seen him mentioned as going out. There's a young CB we signed from Celtic who's been training with the first team too, and I've completely forgotten his name now (it's not Duffy, he's younger).

Guess they're maybe deserving of a squad role and we just don't know it yet? 

35 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Although I'm all aboard the Melamed hype train I'd have been very wary of giving a guy you've only seen in videos more than a one year contract. If he does well then obviously try and sign him up for longer and quickly.

I'm working on the assumption that someone at the club has borrowed Random's wyscout login and has access to lots of video and data - hopefully more comprehensive than the stuff us commoners have. 

Even from the highlights it looks like some clubs in that league play on plastic, so at least the Killi, Livi and Hamilton won't be too much of a surprise. At least not because of the football pitch. 

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They get exemptions as they're not meant to have any close contact with anyone apart from opposition players on the pitch, and are in and out of the country fairly sharp.

And they're playing Scotland, so that's not going to be an issue either.

I've let a lot of the coronavirus stuff breeze over me and certainly have had no interest on speculating on rules and regulations that I'm not following so where are we standing regards this match tomorrow with the news that Odsonne Edouard has tested positive? 

Will the squad have been tested (and have results) between Sunday and tomorrow evening? If not, surely there are implications regards the match, having seen the Forfar game called off tonight?

8 hours ago, Radford said:

I've let a lot of the coronavirus stuff breeze over me and certainly have had no interest on speculating on rules and regulations that I'm not following so where are we standing regards this match tomorrow with the news that Odsonne Edouard has tested positive? 

Will the squad have been tested (and have results) between Sunday and tomorrow evening? If not, surely there are implications regards the match, having seen the Forfar game called off tonight?

Sounds like clubs are testing on the Monday after a game to avoid mid-week disruption.

Hamilton had players test positive (announced in media on Wed 16th September) after playing Livingston on Saturday, and the report said Livingston players had already had the all clear.

Would guess thats a league wide thing.

Expecting a first start for Bryson tonight. 

Also likely a chance for Rooney to play in his more natural position after failing to impress in a back three. 

Can see Hendry coming back in after the shift May put in on Sunday as well. 

Is there a chance we could revert to a back 4 again tonight too? We SHOULD have more of the ball with Kelty sitting deep at times removing the additional central defender for another forward down the middle makes some sense to me. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kelty are pretty much a Championship side, id hope we don't go into this expecting a stroll. 

We shouldn't go in any game expecting an easy game. 

They're no doubt above their level with some decent players who have played and done relatively well at a higher level.

While they've brought in the likes of Higginbotham alongside the likes of Tidser & Scobbie they've also spent the summer bringing in 5 players from the likes of Peterhead, Brechin & BSC Glasgow who I admittedly don't know that much about but have no doubt they're decent players we have no excuse if we do not win. 

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

We shouldn't go in any game expecting an easy game. 

They're no doubt above their level with some decent players who have played and done relatively well at a higher level.

While they've brought in the likes of Higginbotham alongside the likes of Tidser & Scobbie they've also spent the summer bringing in 5 players from the likes of Peterhead, Brechin & BSC Glasgow who I admittedly don't know that much about but have no doubt they're decent players we have no excuse if we do not win. 

Yep, this will not be easy. They're well funded and well organised, it's a plastic pitch. But it should be nothing more than a good test. 

It will be interesting to see what the players and managerial response is to the way the season has gone so far. 

Also first away game since the season opener that I'm particularly bothered about missing.