Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I find the whole hope to get someone in/not sure we'll be able to sign anyone charade draining. By that I mean the changing of the narrative in every interview and lack of consistency in message. 

If it was a bit of a game to Tommy Wright, it would be one trait that Callum Davidson would do very well not to adopt.

As @RandomGuy. has pointed out, we have 15, what you would call senior, outfield players and there's still even talk that someone (Kane?) might have to move on loan to sign someone.

Whilst I appreciate the restrictions of the pandemic, it's disappointing that we feel we can only operate at what will be essentially the bare bones.

All it seems to have been for the past 2 years is good players going out and cheaper replacements coming in. I'm glad we have the young assets protected but even that won't work unless offers come in or they are prepared to get further extensions sorted in suitable order. 

I'm still positive about this group of players but just wonder how much longer we can get away with cutting back the budget. 

Hopefully that's the curse put on it and the striking solution to our ills signs today...

Edited by Radford

Don't know how much substance there is in this rumour..  

Reading his background, sounds like a very talented youngster who had his career ruined by a couple of serious knee injuries. Still only 27 years old.

If the price is comfortably within our range, then why not?  It's not as if there will be loads of goalscorers just sitting waiting on Saints to knock on their door now the season's in full swing.

An obvious concern is him and Bryson having bad injury records, especially with us having such a small first team squad.  On the plus side, their records maybe bring them into our wage bracket, so if they can keep injury free then you potentially get a better quality player than you could otherwise afford.  

6 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Zander embarrassing himself on twitter with some absolutely honking and hyperbolic covid takes. Fool, albeit opinions like his common among fitba banter lads

They're window licking stupid and consist of him just comparing every single thing that isn't allowed with things that are currently allowed. It's a trend as a few in his family have been posting similar.

"What do you mean I can do <insert thing not banned> but I can't do <insert thing currently banned> 😠😠😠😠😠😠"

18 minutes ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Worst thing about them if for every one you could just replace if with "I'm a good Rangers boy" and it would have the exact same motivation and meaning. 

His latest one isn't even true either. 

It's a total false claim he's not allowed to go for dinner or coffee with his fiancé. 

You've hit the nail on the head though re it being Rangers fan style tweeting.