Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Not seen the news or anything but lower league fans seem to reckon they'll now be Feb/March, at best, before they get fans into games again, so presumabky we're the same.

Have to say that you look at clubs around us (*cough* Motherwell *cough*) and wonder what situation they'll be in next season. They could end up without a single penny of season ticket money next Summer, as they guaranteed current season ticket holders they'd give them free access to the same amount of matches they miss this season.

Not seen the news or anything but lower league fans seem to reckon they'll now be Feb/March, at best, before they get fans into games again, so presumabky we're the same.
Have to say that you look at clubs around us (*cough* Motherwell *cough*) and wonder what situation they'll be in next season. They could end up without a single penny of season ticket money next Summer, as they guaranteed current season ticket holders they'd give them free access to the same amount of matches they miss this season.
It's not going to be a good time for any club. I wouldn't be pointing and laughing at anyone just now (apart from Sevco, I'll always point and laugh at Sevco).

1 hour ago, The Marly said:

It's not going to be a good time for any club. I wouldn't be pointing and laughing at anyone just now (apart from Sevco, I'll always point and laugh at Sevco).

Not "pointing and laughing", just interested to see how everything unfolds with all the different approaches clubs have taken.

Not "pointing and laughing", just interested to see how everything unfolds with all the different approaches clubs have taken.
Personally if it was Saints, as a season ticket holder I would buy my next season ticket. The future of the club is the most important thing. I reckon plenty would do the same whether Saints fans, Motherwell fans or fans of any club.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Personally if it was Saints, as a season ticket holder I would buy my next season ticket. The future of the club is the most important thing. I reckon plenty would do the same whether Saints fans, Motherwell fans or fans of any club.

I’ll buy mine again next year if I don’t get in this year although having read Dick Van Dyke’s post I’m thinking of not renewing if Saints don’t sign Messi AND Ronaldo. 

Personally if it was Saints, as a season ticket holder I would buy my next season ticket. 

Aye but thats my point, if no fans get to games this season, then Motherwell are legally obligated to refund all their current season ticket holders, if they renew, a full seasons worth of games.

53 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I bought 2 season tickets this year but won’t be buying any next year if the current manager is still in charge. I’m glad brown has said no more signings, I don’t think Davidson can be trusted 

Mental.

This was the table after TWs first 8 games...

Screenshot_20200922-184017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1fca3b1f88bd3c3100661f792f5616a9.jpg

V Davidsons...

20200922_184147.thumb.jpg.8cede75c421b22695f4ea43bc9533d38.jpg

Tommy Wright had signed Steve Banks, Gary MacDonald, Scott Brown, David Wotherspoon and Rory Fallon by this stage, plus Gwion Edwards on loan.

Its hardly as if he had a stunning first window (Spoony aside).

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mental.

This was the table after TWs first 8 games...

Screenshot_20200922-184017_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1fca3b1f88bd3c3100661f792f5616a9.jpg

V Davidsons...

20200922_184147.thumb.jpg.8cede75c421b22695f4ea43bc9533d38.jpg

Tommy Wright had signed Steve Banks, Gary MacDonald, Scott Brown, David Wotherspoon and Rory Fallon by this stage, plus Gwion Edwards on loan.

Its hardly as if he had a stunning first window (Spoony aside).

After 11 games we will be bottom, we might even  be bottom on Saturday afternoon.  

7 minutes ago, Bose said:

You demanded Davidson go if you are to renew your season tickets. I am demanding Messi and Ronaldo be signed to renew mine.

I’m not demanding anything. Just saying I won’t be wasting my money if he’s still the manager. I can think of better things to waste my money on than a Davidson tactical disasterclass. 

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I bought 2 season tickets this year but won’t be buying any next year if the current manager is still in charge. I’m glad brown has said no more signings, I don’t think Davidson can be trusted 

Mmmmm 8 games!Some boy you. 

Thought taxi for Tommy was ridiculous but this takes the biscuit. 

9 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

After 11 games we will be bottom, we might even  be bottom on Saturday afternoon.  

Well we sat bottom, 3 points behind 11th, after 9 games last season, so presumably you only bought a season ticket this Summer because TW was no longer in charge...

3 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

Mmmmm 8 games!Some boy you. 

Thought taxi for Tommy was ridiculous but this takes the biscuit. 

Since the return from covid the entire club top to bottom, on and off the pitch has been a massive clusterfuck that all began with the appointment of Davidson 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well we sat bottom, 3 points behind 11th, after 9 games last season, so presumably you only bought a season ticket this Summer because TW was no longer in charge...

People keep saying “well we’ve been in this position before and still done ok” but that was with the greatest manager in our history in charge, a great motivator and man manager. Look at the reactions of the players after we conceded on Saturday, only spoony looked like he cared, the rest just put their heads down. No shouting to find out what happened! No moaning at players not doing their jobs properly. It looked like they don’t care

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

People keep saying “well we’ve been in this position before and still done ok” but that was with the greatest manager in our history in charge, a great motivator and man manager. Look at the reactions of the players after we conceded on Saturday, only spoony looked like he cared, the rest just put their heads down. No shouting to find out what happened! No moaning at players not doing their jobs properly. It looked like they don’t care

Were you at the St Mirren defeat last season? As the entire second half of that game, Kennedy aside, was the most pathetic display of players hiding I've ever seen, and then they all just slunk off the pitch at the end.

Its quite clear you've got a narrative in your head, as I'm guessing you're the same guy who spends the hours after a match on Twitter commenting on every St Johnstone mention about how shite Davidson is, so theres really zero point trying to change your mind.