Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

8 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Good to hear.

Kerrs been in great form this season, and he's put in a few good performances against Aberdeen over the past few years, especially up there, including matches where I think he actually outperformed McKenna.  It sounds as though a ball playing centre back is exactly what Aberdeen are missing as well.

Just a slight fear at the back of my mind was that McInnes knows cash is king for Saints, especially in the current climate, and if they get 3-£4m for McKenna, he might try and tempt our board with a cheeky offer of a few hundred grand or so. 

I'd hope Kerr's move away from us is a good one to the championship down south when the time is right, not to another Scottish side.

Jason Kerr wants to eventually move down South.  He was hoping to move this summer but coronavirus looks like it’s slowed things down a bit.  Nothing imminent (as of about a week or so ago).

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

Wallace Duffy’s loan cancelled due to non footballing reasons.

Sounds like an issue between him and Morton.

Duffy was due to move to the SPFL Championship side until the end of the season but after discussions between both Greenock Morton and the player, it's been decided that he will return to McDiarmid Park and remain a Saints player in the meantime.

Hope its nothing serious and just a decision it wasn't the right club for him.

17 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sounds like an issue between him and Morton.

Hope its nothing serious and just a decision it wasn't the right club for him.

Does he drive?

Could even be issues getting where he lives right now to training if for example he car shares to Perth. If he was going to have to get the train to training in the current situation that's probably a no go. 

13 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

That right Callum?

tenor.gif.962e5b435c9f5d069acf22e38fbe1786.gif

The percentage of key passes from crossing becoming assists (i.e. a goal) is 11.9% on average. We note this is well below the total percentage of goals from key passes (14.1%).

PROBABILITY OF SCORING A GOAL FROM A CROSS [1.6%].

This means that, on average, it takes 64 crosses to score a goal.

13 minutes ago, Radford said:

I suppose the argument is the only we are trying to create chances is through crosses? 

Yes, that was my somewhat abstruse point, just wanted to start a discussion really. 

Quite a statement to make in the media if you ask me. Open to challenge, suggests a very fixed mindset and what does it say to the opposition teams?

40 minutes ago, Radford said:

Maybe @RandomGuy. has access to numbers on the source of our chances? 

Depends how you would want it broken down? Im sure I can see how many of the crosses end in shots.

Things like this are a bit subjective too.

As an example, would you class Craigs goal against United as being "created by a cross"?/would you class Kerrs multiple, ignored, balls across the 6 yard line as crosses?

To me I'd be saying to the first and no to the second, but I know others will think different.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Depends how you would want it broken down? Im sure I can see how many of the crosses end in shots.

Things like this are a bit subjective too.

As an example, would you class Craigs goal against United as being "created by a cross"?/would you class Kerrs multiple, ignored, balls across the 6 yard line as crosses?

To me I'd be saying to the first and no to the second, but I know others will think different.

Craigs wasn't from a cross. Kerrs were crosses. It's not really that hard.

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Craigs wasn't from a cross. Kerrs were crosses. It's not really that hard.

Well, McNamara crossed the ball in for Craig to score, just so happened to take a deflection. If a pass is deflected into a strikers path, it still counts as a pass.