Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

Was that last night or June? When saints where looking for a manager 

Even still, it just highlights the fact he's a bullying c**t.

I daresay you've never seen his sides play either. I watched them in the Challenge Cup and they were abysmal. All game spent shelling the ball forward and defending by rugby tackling anyone near them. 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I daresay you've never seen his sides play either. I watched them in the Challenge Cup and they were abysmal. All game spent shelling the ball forward and defending by rugby tackling anyone near them. 

How would you know who I have or haven’t seen play? Those tactics if effective would be preferable than playing they way we are now and not being able to score. 
Davidson said when he came in he wasn’t going to change much, since then  he’s pushed the average age of the squad up, asked the players to play a formation/system they’ve never played before and asked our two best players from last season to play completely different roles. 

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

Was that last night or June? When saints where looking for a manager 

5 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

4 signings so far and not one of them is contracted to be here next season! 

While I'd normally love to see us signing young prospects with something to prove on decent deals, these are not normal times. If a couple of loans and a couple of ageing jobbers on season-long contracts mean we can get through the season in one piece, then so be it.

1 minute ago, Shipa said:

While I'd normally love to see us signing young prospects with something to prove on decent deals, these are not normal times. If a couple of loans and a couple of ageing jobbers on season-long contracts mean we can get through the season in one piece, then so be it.

What if the ageing jobbers aren’t good enough and we end up relegated? 

4 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

What if the ageing jobbers aren’t good enough and we end up relegated? 

Could happen with whoever we sign. I do share concerns about Bryson's fitness, but that aside with an older player I feel you have a better idea of what they can do, and so while an up-and-coming player could be a huge success, it is more of a risk.

50 minutes ago, Shipa said:

Could happen with whoever we sign. I do share concerns about Bryson's fitness, but that aside with an older player I feel you have a better idea of what they can do, and so while an up-and-coming player could be a huge success, it is more of a risk.

Ive been wondering if we're actively targeting experienced players this Summer to negate any issues of a rookie manager in charge of a young side.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive been wondering if we're actively targeting experienced players this Summer to negate any issues of a rookie manager in charge of a young side.

Could be something in that. Tommy seemed to be actively bringing the age down, but he also seemed decent at getting the best out of young players, and while CD may be more than capable of doing the same, TW's departure has probably made the club less likely take chances. Hopefully we can plod through this season and get back to some normality, and while I fully understand clubs being cautious,   there is a worry for me that, not just at Saints, a lot of young players will find their careers badly affected.

2 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

4 signings so far and not one of them is contracted to be here next season! 

I Could be wrong but it is my belief that this is because we are in the middle of a global pandemic and no one knows when fans will be allowed into games. 

On the other hand we have 3 promising youngsters away out on loan .Now no one knows how that will work out but for me its definitely due to current situation. 

5 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

I Could be wrong but it is my belief that this is because we are in the middle of a global pandemic and no one knows when fans will be allowed into games. 

On the other hand we have 3 promising youngsters away out on loan .Now no one knows how that will work out but for me its definitely due to current situation. 

We normally have youngsters on loan to lower/non-league sides. I wasn't sure if that would happen this year, thought maybe some would get a chance in our squad, but are they ready for that?

53 minutes ago, Radford said:

Bryson last played 90 minutes in April 2019. He's started 8 games since then and has only managed much over an hour once. I wonder what convinces a manager that there is much left in the tank when faced with that.

Honest answer. He or the club are unlikely to have done the research you've done so has absolutely no idea thats the case.