Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hes also younger than Bryson, with less injury issues. Not sure why Craig would need to step back to make way for Bryson, when Craig is more likely to play.

Was injured when he joined Aberdeen, had a few appearances and then injured at McDiarmid. 

Just 3 months ago he was talking about how his ankle just completely gave up when playing a pass. He then adds he's rushed back and made it worse, and goes into detail about how multiple different injections and even a surgery didn't sort it. He never actually says he's over it.

Obviously be nice if hes over these issues, but they've dogged him for 2 years now with his spells out getting longer every time.

Not sure what type of midfielder Bryson is now. Doesnt get forward, doesn't win many tackles. Completes a lot of lateral passes but that's really it. 

Suspect we'll end up dropping Conway for him and going with Davidson, Bryson and McCann as the starters, and back to a genuine front two.

If, in theory, this ended up with us playing:

Bryson, Davidson

——McCann——

May, Hendry

would that be a bad thing?

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not sure what type of midfielder Bryson is now. Doesnt get forward, doesn't win many tackles. Completes a lot of lateral passes but that's really it. 

Suspect we'll end up dropping Conway for him and going with Davidson, Bryson and McCann as the starters, and back to a genuine front two.

Never really had the opportunity to show what sort of midfielder he is at Aberdeen. Whatever it was, it wasn't better than what we have now.

I actually forgot about Conway! You don't need another old horse in there.

If he does sign. I predict he'll be around until the end of the season then end up jobbing around the lower leagues. Probably end up back at Clyde.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Bryson, Davidson

——McCann——

May, Hendry

Its the only single positive of the deal, that it might allow McCann forward again.

Still not convinced we couldn't have got a younger, less injury prone, CM to do the exact same though.

6 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Since he signed for Aberdeen. Not perfect info probably but gives you an idea. I believe the injuries relate to both ankles as well. Not just the one. 

In 18 months ish he's missed over 20 games.

Screenshot_20200915-084422.jpg

You Forgot three games missed for being  one of the eight, Also he has a suspended suspension as well  hanging over him! FFS  

38 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Bryson, Davidson

——McCann——

May, Hendry

I think you're being harsh on Spoony here. 

I thought he was one of our best players last season and he's played reasonably well so far. Playing in a midfield three brought the best out of him and McCann. If Davidson is fit, surely that's our best option. 

Get this Bryson boy away tae f.. K

14 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

In 18 months ish he's missed over 20 games.

Not including games he would've missed if the shutdown hadn't happened. 

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Papers linking us and Motherwell with Shaun Byrne tonight.

Be surprised if we signed him and Bryson tbh, but never know.

Unless we're yet to be aware of an injury to someone in that area in our current squad then I doubt it. 

If we did it would certainly be goodbye to Liam in Jan when his deal expires. 

9 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Andy Morrison 

The boy who just admitted to telling players potentially infected with Covid to "shut up and get on with" before playing them last night?