Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

45 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can understand why they're doing this, but its a massive problem for further down the line.

Even if we sign Bryson none of our current midfielders should be starting in 2 years (McCann should be sold for money).

For a club who've built success on squad consistency, that's not great.

Yeah I do agree overall, should be thinking longer term but in keeping with the other debates we've just been having, Saints aren't forward thinking enough.

There's also a probably quite reasonable counter argument to my own point in that right now could be the best opportunity to bring in potentially sellable assets. Players wiling and required to accept lower wages than in previous years, more free agents than ever before available & clubs in England unable to sign due to new salary caps.

Bound to be some great younger players without a club given the platform could do really well.  Easier said than done I know. Particularly for a club with our scouting resources. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Some hoping we sign Stokes. 

Keep that wee dick away from our team.

Kane may not be as good a goal scorer but he's also not a total  c**t either. 

If were going to have a tough season battling for points Stokes is absolutely not the kind of guy you want. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 hours ago, Radford said:

My concern with our transfer business is that it isn't progressing the club. The loans will be gone in the summer and Conway and Bryson, the most you are doing is milking

short term to see us through COVID 

Edited by THE FAT MAN

I've never understood the desire to have Callachan in our team/squad from a decent size section of our support. He was rubbish. Lots of heart and running about but a complete absence of footballing ability.

Will now score against us in a couple of weeks obviously...

22 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

I've never understood the desire to have Callachan in our team/squad from a decent size section of our support. He was rubbish. Lots of heart and running about but a complete absence of footballing ability.

Who was better. Paton or Callahan? 

39 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

You need a 'spoiler' type player in your team otherwise you just get overrun. It obviously helps if he has some ability. Callachan in his limited outings with us at a lower level looked effective in that role. Do you have anyone currently doing that for you? If so, then it was the right choice to punt.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

You need a 'spoiler' type player in your team otherwise you just get overrun. It obviously helps if he has some ability. Callachan in his limited outings with us at a lower level looked effective in that role. Do you have anyone currently doing that for you? If so, then it was the right choice to punt.

We've got a dog to run about and "pressure" opposition players, and we're marginally better off than when we had Callachan as sometimes the dog actually wins the ball.

21 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yes, Ali McCann is pretty much a one man midfield who does everything anyway!

I didn't mind Callachan, he was technically poor, but he at least gave his all, rather that than another Goss who just didn't care. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

We've got a dog to run about and "pressure" opposition players, and we're marginally better off than when we had Callachan as sometimes the dog actually wins the ball.

Harsh on Murray Davidson tbf.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Harsh on Murray Davidson tbf.

I used to think Davidson was shite on the ball until I seen Callachan tbh.

He had one good game, away at Dens where he was superb, but apart from that he offered absolutely nothing apart from "effort".

You needed to play a defensive midfielder beside him as he'd get caught out of position so much, yet you also had to play an attacking player beside him because he couldn't pass the ball consistently. 

23 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd been told you'd enquired about Shaun Byrne but I am very sceptical about it. He's basically just Liam Craig. 

Looks like Motherwell are going to beat us to Byrne. Strange for them to sign a player we're interested in........