Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I'd been told you'd enquired about Shaun Byrne but I am very sceptical about it. He's basically just Liam Craig. 

Tbf Craig needs replaced soon anyway.

Age of our midfield is a huge worry. The only on under 30 is McCann, who won't be here long.

3 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Injury prone player with an ankle problems (4 ankle injuries last season alone) who simply could not stay for whatsoever. 

Sounds about perfect for a Saints signing then. 

I'd rather we went for Holt tbh, but that chance has long gone.

My concern with our transfer business is that it isn't progressing the club. The loans will be gone in the summer and Conway and Bryson, the most you are doing is milking the last little bit out of them. 

So a year down the line you still have the same gaps you looked to address this summer, plus any new ones.

35 minutes ago, Radford said:

My concern with our transfer business is that it isn't progressing the club. The loans will be gone in the summer and Conway and Bryson, the most you are doing is milking the last little bit out of them. 

So a year down the line you still have the same gaps you looked to address this summer, plus any new ones.

With little or no current income and looking likely to stay that way for the foreseeable as a club known to very risk adverse it's somewhat expected from the club 

Cheaper loans and short term fixes to tide us over until the financial outlook improves.  I can't see us willing to offer anything more than a single year deal nor the level of the wages we were offering this time last year which results in us shopping from the players "with something to prove" list again. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It seems to be the official account for buying merchandise, yet has never been promoted by the club at all, and is now tweeting information that literally nobody is going to see.

St Johnstone on social media in a nutshell.

It'll probably never tweet again.

That's pretty insane and inexcusable.

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

That's pretty insane and inexcusable.

Absolute prime example of what goes on constantly at Saints and when the subject is brought up with the club it's met with mostly blunt denial.

My personal favourite was going up to get a half season ticket a week before Christmas few seasons ago for a "gift". Walked into the ticket office and was told despite there being 3 staff members sitting in there. "Sorry none of us know how to do season tickets, can you come back another day?" 

One of them was Roddy Grant though to be fair so that's no surprise. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Absolute prime example of what goes on constantly at Saints and when the subject is brought up with the club it's met with mostly blunt denial.

My personal favourite was going up to get a half season ticket a week before Christmas few seasons ago for a "gift". Walked into the ticket office and was told despite there being 3 staff members sitting in there. "Sorry none of us know how to do season tickets, can you come back another day?" 

One of them was Roddy Grant though to be fair so that's no surprise. 

That would be infuriating. Did you go back another day?

5 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

That would be infuriating. Did you go back another day?

Personally didn't as was unable to but someone else did on my behalf, so effectively yes. 

I used to sit on a fans forum thing which one of the board members who helped chair those meetings was one of them sitting in the office at the time. When I questioned it later it was met with "it's not really an issue". 🙄

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Personally didn't as was unable to but someone else did on my behalf, so effectively yes. 

I used to sit on a fans forum thing which one of the board members who helped chair those meetings was one of them sitting in the office at the time. When I questioned it later it was met with "it's not really an issue". 🙄

Football fans are routinely taken for mugs.

2 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

With little or no current income and looking likely to stay that way for the foreseeable as a club known to very risk adverse it's somewhat expected from the club 

Cheaper loans and short term fixes to tide us over until the financial outlook improves.  I can't see us willing to offer anything more than a single year deal nor the level of the wages we were offering this time last year which results in us shopping from the players "with something to prove" list again. 

You can understand why they're doing this, but its a massive problem for further down the line.

Even if we sign Bryson none of our current midfielders should be starting in 2 years (McCann should be sold for money).

For a club who've built success on squad consistency, that's not great.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 27/08/2020 at 10:15, capt_oats said:

IIRC there was a boy who did one of the Scottish Fitba' analytics Twitter accounts got himself a gig at Livi doing analysis and ended up at Wigan off the back of that.

On 27/08/2020 at 10:56, RandomGuy. said:

I think I know the boy you're on about from Twitter, and I'm terrified I turn out like some of them. Theres one or two who, if you look through their timelines, have gone from fairly passionate football guys to just posting stuff like this...

You've probably already clocked this but the boy I was talking about (Dougie Wright) did an in depth interview with Joel on The Terrace last week.