Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Great result today, and well needed.  An excellent first half performance but just couldn't finish. St Mirren came into it a bit more in the second half but it gave us plenty of space to attack on the counter.

Looking at the table, those two results against Aberdeen and Hibs where we should have taken 4 points are even more frustrating.  We'd be sitting on our own in 3rd if we had done so.

Still, hopefully the start of things to come, and Davidson looks to have found a formation that works for us at last. A lot of the football we played was really enjoyable to watch, and there were very few aimless punts.

Having said all that, st Mirren really were dreadful opposition.

33 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Can’t remember the last time we were that dominant as we were first half, probably the last time Dundee were in the league.

Kerr marauding forward is really a different dynamic that teams can’t seem to deal with. Danny Mac clear MOTM, but please for Conway who had a good game and got his rewards with the assist. Always love a Stevie May goal, absolute legend. 

Buzzing with that, result and performance. 

I remember a game against St. Mirren either last season or the one before where we were just as dominant if not more. Conway tried hard and got in some decent positions first half but it all just broke down when he had it, was better second half though.

Edited by tree house tam

42 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Having said all that, st Mirren really were dreadful opposition.

I think we made sure that they were.  It’s always one of those, were we so good because they were so bad or were they so bad because we were so good? I’m going to go for the latter. Moved the ball quickly and I think they struggled to get a handle on McNamara and Kerr coming from deep 

26 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I remember a game against St. Mirren either last season or the one before where we were just as dominant if not more. 

That the game where we missed two penalties, Watt missed an open goal and Craig Samson pulled off a Seaman-esque save from Kennedy?

Yeah got caught with this for Killie. It seems for ever club who is with the company Saints are (the majority) there is a set of web pages preceded with PPV.
these are separate from the main saints TV page. You also need to register an account first before you can buy the event.
It's not the most intuitive really. I mean how hard is it to put a big fucking button on the main TV pages, that most folk will go to that takes you to the correct place, or even straight onto the purchase workflow.

Exactly

7 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Each club need to gain individual sign off from Gov regarding their plans to get fans back. Which probably isn't surprising but confirmed by Jason Leitch today. 

Are we going to be prepared and ready to go when that time comes? 

Is there any reason to think we would not be?

I was in the fortunate position to be invited along today to help with the match day media team. 

Its very different just now, but follows all the protocols you would expect, temperature checks, spaced out seats , one way systems (even in the carpark), changes in the way food is served. 

All this can be scaled up next month or when ever the regulations allow it. Its a priority to get fans back, no club will want to be last to do so. 

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

No idea, why?

I'm just concerned for other Scottish clubs that might not be as financially secure as ourselves. 

If I was to guess though 3300.

Wow, if that's the case I take my hat off to you. That would be a sure indication of a decent, hardcore support and prove that you're not a wee, parochial outfit with a shite support like a lot of people think.  :)

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

Has anyone ever noted that we’ve got a McCann and a McNamara in our starting XI? A pretty pointless observation, so probably not.

Think you've stumbled on to how he unearth gems tbh.

With that im away to email the club about Jordan Houston at Ayr.

Mellon might be a difficult one though.

Have to admit my stream for the match was pretty poor today but that’s more than likely my internet speed. As others have intimated the sound was a little out of sync so I ended up just having it on mute. Still happy to contribute towards the club (I don’t have a ST) and if this helps in a small way then great. Onto the game. Like the Hibs game where I also thought we generally played pretty good, I was quietly impressed with our play today. First half we were very dominant and Danny showed so much class marauding down the right touch line. Just wonder whether a 3-5-2 with someone supporting Hendry would help with finishing the amount of chances we seem be creating. I was critical of Conway last Sunday and while at times his final ball or effort wasn’t great today, his work rate and commitment was outstanding. A really positive performance and a much needed 3 points

ETA by effort I mean shot on goal

43 minutes ago, Sinner-to-Saint said:

I'm just concerned for other Scottish clubs that might not be as financially secure as ourselves. 

Wow, if that's the case I take my hat off to you. That would be a sure indication of a decent, hardcore support and prove that you're not a wee, parochial outfit with a shite support like a lot of people think.  :)

A lot can be said about this by the fact I'm not sure if it's some kind of wind up or you're just fucking stupid. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

A lot can be said about this by the fact I'm not sure if it's some kind of wind up or you're just fucking stupid. 

I see you're a highly intelligent individual, perhaps you can help.

As one of the more prestigious clubs in Scottish football, St. Mirren, along with the Old Firm, have been selected to take part in a trial allowing fans back into the stadium in two weeks' time. The trouble is we have 3,200 season ticket holders and it might be hard to maintain adequate social distancing if they were all permanent entry. Do you think you might be able to help the club find a solution to this problem? 

I see you're a highly intelligent individual, perhaps you can help.
As one of the more prestigious clubs in Scottish football, St. Mirren, along with the Old Firm, have been selected to take part in a trial allowing fans back into the stadium in two weeks' time. The trouble is we have 3,200 season ticket holders and it might be hard to maintain adequate social distancing if they were all permanent entry. Do you think you might be able to help the club find a solution to this problem? 

No, I don’t think anyone involved at St Johnstone will be helping you find a solution to anything if I’m being honest.