Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

If you're wanting to be optimistic, we're sitting on 4pts despite playing Rangers, Aberdeen, and spending 45 minutes a man down away to United.

Add in the fact we're down at least three regular starters for most of that due to injuries, are under new management, and using a new set up, it could be a whole lot worse.

3 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Them's the breaks.

Pretty much this.

It was made clear if restricted numbers happened the earliest purchasers would get it. Its just tough titties if you didn't get one early, no matter why.

If a nightclub only allows 100 folk in, are opening at 9, and are advertising its first come first serve, you wouldn't get in if you turned up at half 10 if there were already 100 folk in simply because you'd been working late.

Edited by RandomGuy.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much this.

It was made clear if restricted numbers happened the earliest purchasers would get it. Its just tough titties if you didn't get one early, no matter why.

If a nightclub only allows 100 folk in, are opening at 9, and are advertising its first come first serve, you wouldn't get in if you turned up at half 10 if there were already 100 folk in simply because you'd been working late.

I don’t really want to keep on this as what will be will be and we don’t know yet how things are going to play out, but a nightclub analogy? How many people have nightclub season tickets? If you can’t get in one week because it’s full the next week you would go earlier, that option doesn’t exist here.

Edited by Bose

2 minutes ago, Bose said:

I don’t really want to keep on this as what will be will be and we don’t know yet, but a nightclub analogy? How many people have nightclub season tickets? If you can’t get in one week because it’s full the next week you would go earlier, that option doesn’t exist here.

I'm trying to make the point it was clear there would be a limit, and an incredibly high chance that your season ticket wouldn't grant you access to a game this season.

If anyone has bought a season ticket believing it'll guarantee them access to games this season, then they've made an expensive mistake, so it would be bizarre for people to start moaning about missing out.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I think even being able to make the 3 normal subs that don't weaken our team would be a help. Imagine if we could make 5.

If you're wanting to be optimistic, we're sitting on 4pts despite playing Rangers, Aberdeen, and spending 45 minutes a man down away to United.
Add in the fact we're down at least three regular starters for most of that due to injuries, are under new management, and using a new set up, it could be a whole lot worse.

40 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

If we are rationing seats then those not wanting Stevie May back last year have to miss out, quite frankly not real fans. 

Truly bizarre to see people seemingly raging we've not signed a boy whos scored 2 goals in the past 2 years, because hes a better attacker than a striker who bagged 6 for us last season.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Truly bizarre to see people seemingly raging we've not signed a boy whos scored 2 goals in the past 2 years, because hes a better attacker than a striker who bagged 6 for us last season.

Is this something else I’ve missed? I need to give myself a shake.

17 minutes ago, Bose said:

Is this something else I’ve missed? I need to give myself a shake.

Boy on WAP claiming May is shite and everyone is using his past glories to pretend he's good enough. Says Stokes would be better as he has a "better goal record at bigger clubs". 

Stokes hasn't bagged over 7 goals since 2012/13.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Boy on WAP claiming May is shite and everyone is using his past glories to pretend he's good enough. Says Stokes would be better as he has a "better goal record at bigger clubs". 

And he is an absolute bellend, 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Arguably also a total basket case in every way.

He is absolutely in no way the kind of individual I want near our club. 

Been looking for the highlights from this game for ages. Just remember us getting pumped, despite being the better side, through a succession of volleys. Thought I'd imagined it for years.

Fairly sure we conceded a goal at home around the same time that was a worldie aswell.

Been looking for the highlights from this game for ages. Just remember us getting pumped, despite being the better side, through a succession of volleys. Thought I'd imagined it for years.
Fairly sure we conceded a goal at home around the same time that was a worldie aswell.

I mind there being a few grumblings about keeping Mcinnes in the job after a defeat to Clyde at home around that time.

Think we went on the 22 game unbeaten run just after this.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

His 20 Premiership goals for Celtic in season 13/14 dont count?

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

His 20 Premiership goals for Celtic in season 13/14 dont count?

I've written the wrong season done m8, but the point remains. 

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Pretty much this.

I’ll be interested to find out what will happen with the people who took the finance option. I applied for mines 30 minutes after they went on sale and then waited a month for it to be completed. So no idea if I’m one of the first or the last.