Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

MOH had a massive opportunity to prove himself yesterday and he blew it.  I really hope Davidson went through him. 

Hoping we go 352 against Aberdeen. May and Hendry were working well together towards the end of last season and I felt we struggled to get McCann on the ball yesterday. 

Also Conway looked the business and surprisingly quick when he came on. 

For Aberdeen I'd go

Parish 

Kerr              Gordon           McCart 

Rooney                   Craig                  Tanser 

McCann          Conway 

May              new exciting signing 

Solid enough with enough attacking intent.

Edited by tree house tam

Is it a striker or a "forward"?

I know it won't be him, but you instantly think of former players, and i instantly go to George Williams simply because its well known he's a free agent.

7 minutes ago, Bose said:

Makes sense to have him registered to play.  How much he plays is another thing. 

Might fill a place on the bench if we don't have 9 without the cost of an additional player.

But I do agree with RG's sentiment when he said that he hope it's a joke 😂

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Bose said:

Now take a minute or two and think about things before exploding.

I'm going with it being a wind up, tbh.

If we're signing up a player about to turn 38, who hasn't looked comfortable at this level for 3 seasons, then ill have a complete heads gone though.

Giving him a playing deal based on his previous career here, years ago and when he's well beyond that, is the type of pathetic stuck in the past pish relegated sides do when they're panicking.

I dont care if its to "save a wage" or "take up a spot". I dont even care if hes never likely to play. The message it would send out is rank.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

I'm going with it being a wind up, tbh.

If we're signing up a player about to turn 38, who hasn't looked comfortable at this level for 3 seasons, then ill have a complete heads gone though.

Giving him a playing deal based on his previous career here, years ago and when he's well beyond that, is the type of pathetic stuck in the last pish relegated sides do when they're panicking.

RandomGuy of course its no the cheap option of Macca.....

Its the cheaper option of Roddy Grant.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I hope this is a joke.

f**k you.

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

image.thumb.jpeg.21e222aaa52e99220062302614160cc1.jpeg

Edit: Kane can give up Macca’s number 9. That’s a good lad. 

So much this.

Anyone who thinks Macca wouldn't have done better than Hendry yesterday is fucking deluded. 

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Anyone who thinks Macca wouldn't have done better than Hendry yesterday is fucking deluded. 

I'd quite happily say it, seeing as he completely fucking stank the place out up front for Hearts over the past two seasons, and only looked comfortable once he dropped into the third tier. His legs were done is his last season with us, and only a hat trick on the final day and the passage of time has people forgetting that.

I see zero benefit of signing him as a player. He's not good enough to play top flight football anymore so its pointless even having him as an option.

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Was MoTM in the 2 saints v saints matches apparently.

I'd imagine it's to have him there incase of emergency and allow the young forwards to get out on loan again at a higher level.

That sounds like logical thinking.  Get it in the sea.

We only want emotional head explosions here.

5 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Was MoTM in the 2 saints v saints matches apparently.

Is this the basis for us signing players now? As it seems like the same reason Conway got a contract.

MacLean is the past, let's leave him there.

1 minute ago, Bose said:

That sounds like logical thinking.  Get it in the sea.

We only want emotional head explosions here.

The lower tiers don't start until October, so nobody will be getting loaned out until September time when these clubs return to training.

Why make a massive fuss about attackers like Robertson impressing and being given a chance, and then sign a past it 38yo to sit on the bench ahead of them for months?

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The lower tiers don't start until October, so nobody will be getting loaned out until September time when these clubs return to training.

Why make a massive fuss about attackers like Robertson impressing and being given a chance, and then sign a past it 38yo to sit on the bench ahead of them for months?

I have this thing about trusting people who are seeing things on a day to day basis rather what I saw years ago. Young players will always be talked up doesn’t mean that they are ready to play. I’m guessing the subs rule change has had an influence on this.

Edited by Bose