Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 hour ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

From what I've heard Conway has signed but it has not been announced and Callum also wants two more signings..Not mutch I know but it was all that was the best I could get 

We’re in for Jordan Mutch IMO. 

11 hours ago, Radford said:

When Conway was at Blackburn, did he play right across the attacking midfield roles? @C. Muir

Sorry I meant to reply to this earlier, and @RandomGuy. question days ago and forgot both times :lol:

I've not seen him play for the last couple of years now but imagine he will still be fine in the Scottish Prem.

Played mainly on the left hand side and sometimes the right, Radford. Comfortable in both roles as he's good with both feet. One that can be a nightmare for opposing full backs as, whatever side he plays on, he can either go on the outside or cut inside to cross. And has a fair good delivery too. 

I'm not sure about websites for stats on assists but Imagine he got a good amount in his time at Blackburn. I remember one game in particular they beat Wigan 4-3 and he set up all 4.

edit - just realised RG posted assist stats on previous page. His earlier years at Blackburn would be a good one to reference as he started nearly every game he was available in they years, something which it seems he'll be doing at St J.

Definitely will be transferred into my Fantasy Football team once it gets over the line :)

Edited by C. Muir

18 minutes ago, Radford said:

Where is this information from?

fbref gives you shite like crossing stats and shots on target percentages.

They're fairly new so only have the last few seasons of detailed stats, but they seem sound enough from those who have wyscout etc., and compare the two in terms of the figures fbref use.

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Off on a tangent but I presume the club lose the argument with the council re the demanding the sign on the North Stand be changed? 

Has it changed?

There was still a huge sign proclaiming 'GS Brown Construction Stand' up a couple of days ago, can't remember if it's any different from how it originally looked, if it is I didn't clock it.

That road makes it quite an attractive spot for advertising now. Wasn't keen on the road initially but it's massively opened up that side of the ground whereas it was a bit dingy before.

Has it changed?
There was still a huge sign proclaiming 'GS Brown Construction Stand' up a couple of days ago, can't remember if it's any different from how it originally looked, if it is I didn't clock it.
That road makes it quite an attractive spot for advertising now. Wasn't keen on the road initially but it's massively opened up that side of the ground whereas it was a bit dingy before.
Nope, I hate the road. Based purely on what happened to the Garden of Remembrance because of its existence.

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:
6 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:
Has it changed?

Nope, I hate the road. Based purely on what happened to the Garden of Remembrance because of its existence.

Yes it wasn't ideal, and for a lot of folk there'll be personal reasons involved, but we're  stuck with it now I guess.

It just feels completely different coming back into Perth that way and getting a really good view of the ground which you never really got to the same extent on other sides as it was mostly hidden and at the bottom of a big car park.

9 minutes ago, The Marly said:
12 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:
Has it changed?

I seemed to think it was right up the top left hand corner of the stand and a lot bigger. 

It's in the middle of now looks as if you won't see it from the garden now? Hard to tell when you're just firing past though.

I know the road caused a lot of upset for probably the same reason you're referring too. Not clued up on road planning etc but you'd think they could have taken a slightly different route?

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

10 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

New kit arrived today for all the knicker wetters

What about the non knicker wetters? Those who moan most shouldn’t be rewarded, IMO. 

How is saying we would look poor having a good fucking moan? 

Because he’s a fucking moron.

Boo hoo, there’s been a global pandemic, some things are more important than football kits!!

That didn’t stop everyone else in the Premiership and in the lower leagues releasing new kits for the up coming season did it?

Instead we have folk suggesting it would be acceptable to play in last seasons macron kit - non bespoke at that, when everyone else in the Premiership wore bespoke shirts.