Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

10 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
33 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
I’ve seen a few people saying we won’t have new kits until mid August. Will be a pretty poor look if we are the only club who can’t get kits for the start of the season 

Quite a few other clubs in the same boat as saints. Macron European distribution centre is based in Italy and was shut down until few weeks back. Only Dundee United have their kits. Motherwell, Ross county and Hibs only have a few for marketing purposes and not any to wear. Factor in the shirts are manufactured in China then shipped to Italy then to Scotland hence we have delays.

That’s fair enough if we’re not the only team then. I do wonder though how those teams have managed to get some for marketing purposes yet we’ve had absolutely heehaw. And how Dundee have released theirs to fans already. Practically every tweet the club puts out  Has multiple people asking about what’s happening, you’d think a small tweet explaining things would keep people happy. 

7 minutes ago, Bose said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t give a shit if we play in last year’s strips? Maybe it’s an age thing. 

I don’t really care what we play In it’s more how the club would  maybe look a bit silly in some people eyes if we are the only ones who could get kits in time. If there are other teams then fair enough. 

9 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

you’d think a small tweet explaining things would keep people happy. 

What would be the point? Everyone's already made their mind up that it down to incompetence, and there's already people created a story that its because Saints are trying to force sponsors to pay more money.

The club are horrendous for dragging things out for as long as possible, especially with kits and season tickets, so considering the world situation nobody should be surprised by this at all. Not sure why folk are seething about it.

I’ve seen a few people saying we won’t have new kits until mid August. Will be a pretty poor look if we are the only club who can’t get kits for the start of the season 
There's been a global pandemic. Some things across the world are not functioning as normal at the moment. Supply a d logistics are among the worst affected sectors.

Please don't let this get in the way of you having a good fucking moan about some very trivial shite though.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

What would be the point? Everyone's already made their mind up that it down to incompetence, and there's already people created a story that its because Saints are trying to force sponsors to pay more money.

The club are horrendous for dragging things out for as long as possible, especially with kits and season tickets, so considering the world situation nobody should be surprised by this at all. Not sure why folk are seething about it.

Probably no point now that there’s only 4 days until the season starts but had it been done a few weeks ago it probably would’ve went down better, people will get even more annoyed if we just turn up on Saturday with last seasons kit on and  no explanation as to what ’s happening.  I don’t know who’s “seething “ about it but surely fans have the right to ask what’s going on after hearing absolutely nothing from the club. 

fair enough exceptions have to be made around a lot of things due to covid but the club are worse than ever just now, I applied for a season ticket on finance on the 1st of July and was told someone would be in touch to complete it and this could take up to 3 weeks. It’s been 4 weeks and I’ve sent two emails and have heard nothing back. Now I’m left in limbo not knowing what’s going on 

3 minutes ago, The Marly said:

There's been a global pandemic. Some things across the world are not functioning as normal at the moment. Supply a d logistics are among the worst affected sectors.

Please don't let this get in the way of you having a good fucking moan about some very trivial shite though.

How is saying we would look poor having a good fucking moan? 

5 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Probably no point now that there’s only 4 days until the season starts but had it been done a few weeks ago it probably would’ve went down better, people will get even more annoyed if we just turn up on Saturday with last seasons kit on and  no explanation as to what ’s happening.  I don’t know who’s “seething “ about it but surely fans have the right to ask what’s going on after hearing absolutely nothing from the club. 

fair enough exceptions have to be made around a lot of things due to covid but the club are worse than ever just now, I applied for a season ticket on finance on the 1st of July and was told someone would be in touch to complete it and this could take up to 3 weeks. It’s been 4 weeks and I’ve sent two emails and have heard nothing back. Now I’m left in limbo not knowing what’s going on 

There's people having meltdowns on social media over the lack of a new top.

The season ticket thing youre on about?

Zero shock. The club is amateur as f**k at pretty much everything that happens off the pitch. Theres likely one person, who's part time, who's expected to do about 8 different jobs including reply to every email thats sent to the club. 

Best contacting the SLO on Twitter. Always seems the easiest way getting a message through.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's people having meltdowns on social media over the lack of a new top.

The season ticket thing youre on about?

Zero shock. The club is amateur as f**k at pretty much everything that happens off the pitch. Theres likely one person, who's part time, who's expected to do about 8 different jobs including reply to every email thats sent to the club. 

A tweet explaining what was happening could’ve prevented any meltdowns. People are bound to wonder why every other team has revealed their kits and we haven’t. 

1 minute ago, The Marly said:
3 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:
A tweet explaining what was happening could’ve prevented any meltdowns. People are bound to wonder why every other team has revealed their kits and we haven’t. 

Has every other team revealed their kits?

In the top flight, yes. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I can guarantee you that no matter what the club tweeted you would have a wee clique slating them for it.

6 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

And a fair few in the lower leagues who aren’t even playing until October 

Don't get me wrong, I ain't on your side, I really don't see it as an issue. If we don't have kits, we don't have them, the virus has curtailed them getting to us. Personally I'd much rather see it presented in the flesh as well on someone in official photos rather than a computer generated image. The fact other Macron supplied teams don't have their kits is all people need to know, maybe saints were still negotiating a new sponsor who suddenly tried to change the terms right as we were about to push the go button. County, Motherwell both had the same sponsor from last season on multi-year deals I'd imagine and Hibs have stuck the NHS on theirs, so no need for money, etc.

I was just stating fact. 

In the top flight, yes. 
Fair do's, I kind of misread PS 1977'S post. Some teams only have a few for marketing purposes though. I just think there are bigger issues in the world atm. And let's face it, if Saints had the kit revealed then DVD would just be searching for the next stick to beat them with.

Not fussed about new strips personally, and same as TRS I liked last season's so no issue with a month of this season wearing it, but getting a new kit at the start of a fresh season is a big deal to some folk, especially young kids, so a wee bit of info from the club isn't too much to ask.

The factors mentioned make it understandable; global pandemic, the supplier being shut down etc, but DVD has a point here, how hard is a simple message on social media 'delays from our supplier mean our new kit will be available from September' or 'we're chasing up our supplier and will provide more information on a launch date when we hear back'.

I'd personally like us just to get all the players to bring their own blue tops and white shorts on Saturday and get us 'sort of matching' like you'd do to play a game of fives.

IMG_1094.thumb.JPG.76b09d7723bc48a723755d40ab4864ee.JPG

The season ticket thing mentioned is shocking, but not very surprising.  If that's right enough, then not getting back to folk who are trying to give the club £325 to watch the club on tv in the current climate is pretty shite.