Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Radford said:

Obviously wish no ill will to St Mirren but important we get a game this weekend. Are any of the other sides free? Seems the sort of thing that @RandomGuy. would know. 

No idea tbh, not off hand anyway.

There seems to be needlessly little information going about around matches that have been arranged.

I know Rangers are playing, Celtic were meant to be playing an Irish side but think that got cancelled, so they're free. No other club seems to publicise things.

5 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Seen someone on twitter suggesting Celtic don't have a friendly? 😬

Celtic play us (Motherwell) on Sunday. The chat was they were trying sort out another game (Derry City?) but that was up in the air.

Edited by capt_oats

7 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
8 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Would indicate certainly that we are indeed looking for more additions via loan market. 
Not a surprise for many I wouldn't think though.

I read that comment as in the 2 loan players from Millwall will not be rushed

Yeah, the article is about the Millwall players. It does say Davidson is looking at the English market, but not specifically about further loans.

46 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

Yeah, the article is about the Millwall players. It does say Davidson is looking at the English market, but not specifically about further loans.

Aye, just came on to post a screenshot of that.

Screenshot_20200725-080702_Chrome.thumb.jpg.47ae733d4440c63e03f38ca1055204e3.jpg

Its an easy jump to make, but you wonder if someone like Aidan O'Brien will be a target. Released by Millwall, has played all across Millwalls attack (its not great, but transfermarkt list him as a left winger and he seems to have played all three attacking roles in Millwalls 5-2-3 set up), and would be a player Davidson could trust to come straight into that system and understand it (if that system is what he's thinking about). FM also have him as regularly playing on the left of a midfield four.

Millwall fans reckon he'll be headed to EFL League One/Two, which youd hope would mean we stand a chance of getting him. Only issue would be wages, and I've absolutely no idea what he'd be earning there. Presumably far too much for us to afford though.

Bored so added O'Brien into the two set ups...

Spoiler

ELEVEN1595662293218.thumb.png.c0793d59be4edc4e2335efe921c6bca2.png

If you think Conway is joining too, then you're shy a CM and thats it.

ELEVEN1595662889573.thumb.png.b2eab3970c7cc31efc03df7687bc4d22.png

You'd have a choice between signing Conway or O'Brien for this one. And then you'd just need a CB for cover.

So either way, I'd say we need 3 players. A CB, CM, and winger.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Swap MOH with Conway and put him behind the strikers with a roving roll, ala Matty Kennedy, and that'll do for me.

ELEVEN1595668321490.thumb.png.bd49ace7b5890ca0f0b6ce332e8e6341.png

Tams XI

I was considering the possibility of Aiden O’Brien when I heard about his release. Based on my successful stint in charge of Millwall on FM, he’d be a fantastic acquisition. I tended to play him either as a left winger or on the left of a front three. He performed admirably for me. I think his wages might be a step too far for us though.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Same random on Twitter is claiming that we've now signed Conway.

Craig Conway?

If so, not sure he'll be much use in a central position like he is in "Tams XI". Although he does like cutting inside from the wing and shooting.

From his time at Blackburn he was a very hard worker and had a great delivery. Scored a few tidy goals aswell.

This was one of my favourites for a number of reasons (1:40 into the video).

Nobody in the Pompey half to begin apart from their keeper
The absolutely horrendous conditions
Conways seemingly effortless sprint while the Pompey #6 looked like he was towing a lorry
The finish
The steward trying to hurl the advertising board and going right on his arse

Edited by C. Muir

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Craig Conway?

The very one. Been on trial with the club.

How do you reckon he would do at this level these days?

I was thinking the same when I saw his release decent player and the type saints could get

I was considering the possibility of Aiden O’Brien when I heard about his release. Based on my successful stint in charge of Millwall on FM, he’d be a fantastic acquisition. I tended to play him either as a left winger or on the left of a front three. He performed admirably for me. I think his wages might be a step too far for us though.

57 minutes ago, paddycreggshinpad said:

I was thinking the same when I saw his release decent player and the type saints could get

Don't Know much about Aiden, But just googled him and the first image of him minds of Vinney Arkins , sorry !