Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Just now, nelsjfc said:

Are we at that point of the year when they all come back out?

Can't we fast forward a couple of months?

Wait until we lose our first three games.

"Bubbles burst" posts galore.

25 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

See, this is the right attitude. f**k the Hertz.

You'll probably find quite a few Saints fans if given the choice they'd be quite happy for Dundee to come up at the expense of Hearts. 

Dundee United style failures by Hearts trying to get back up would be absolutely brilliant IMO 😂.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

For an away day obviously I’d rather have Dundee in the league than any of the west coast clubs, but the idea of the majority of their posters on this forum suffering is absolutely joyous.

You can’t tell me the thought of Biggie, Ludo, Chewing and the like having a miserable time in the championship for the next five years doesn’t fill you with delight. 

Eta: Thank you. 

I feel you ali, but it's much more fun seeing them yo-yo up and down between the leagues in a Jambo fashion than it is watching them wither away down there like Falkirk/Dunfermline/Thistle.

Aberdeen fans on their thread saying Dave Cormack has confirmed they paid £70k for Matty Kennedy.

In hindsight thats a cracking deal for someone who was leaving for nothing 5 months later, and it helped us get McCart in January. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aberdeen fans on their thread saying Dave Cormack has confirmed they paid £70k for Matty Kennedy.

In hindsight thats a cracking deal for someone who was leaving for nothing 5 months later, and it helped us get McCart in January. 

Good deal all around for everyone.

20 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Shrewd move by our Chairman Stevie Brown.

Will not please those that are always picking fault with him and his leadership of the club.

3 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Shrewd move by our Chairman Stevie Brown.

Will not please those that are always picking fault with him and his leadership of the club.

Has he not employed someone to do that for him?

Well done Kirsten on getting the club 70 grand, thumbs up. 

Actually a bit disappointed we haven't signed Ashcroft. Wasn't expecting a centre back but quite liked the idea of adding the right one to increase the depth in that position. The problem is there aren't many viable options for a fourth choice, so a guy with his experience but still at an age where he can develop was appealing. 

I'm wary about adding too many loans to the squad as it's arguably just saving up problems for another window, so a 26-year-old on a permanent deal would have been a nice and affordable fit.

Hopefully Saints will bill him for his COVID-19 tests. 

Actually a bit disappointed we haven't signed Ashcroft. Wasn't expecting a centre back but quite liked the idea of adding the right one to increase the depth in that position. The problem is there aren't many viable options for a fourth choice, so a guy with his experience but still at an age where he can develop was appealing. 
I'm wary about adding too many loans to the squad as it's arguably just saving up problems for another window, so a 26-year-old on a permanent deal would have been a nice and affordable fit.
Hopefully Saints will bill him for his COVID-19 tests. 

Good luck to the lad and he obviously knows his level [emoji106]

I would much rather have Dundee than Hearts in the top league. I’d rather have them than the DABs and I know that won’t be universally accepted by Saints fans. 
Whilst it's a wee bit funny when United or The Dee get relegated and stay doon I'd rather they were up here with us. Get Hertz to f**k.