Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

43 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'd be happy enough to start the season with what we have already, if everyone was fit that is. I have no problem waiting for better quality to become available, but then again, I'm not a melodramatic moaning c**t who sees the bad in every situation.

Yeah your a happy clapping c**t who thinks the club can do no wrong. 

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I genuinely want to know. I know we had Ballantyne at Montrose and maybe someone at cove? John Robertson? But can’t remember who else. Do we have an centre midfielders ready to play? We can’t go into the season with only 3 

Ones to look at are the ones who, as far as I've seen, impressed on loan last season.

Cammy Ballantyne is a CM who Montrose fans raved about, and with it being League One level draws McCann comparisons before his breakthrough. 

Olly Hamilton is a winger who played regularly at Brechin, scoring a few times. Hes been highly rated at Saints for years now.

Theres a CM and Winger right there.

You've then got Sam Denham (CB), John Robertson (W, ST), Jordan Northcott (W, ST) who have all been regularly training with the senior team, with the latter two both already making their debuts. Robertson obviously had experience in League Two with Cove last season.

Are they good enough to make an impact this season?

Who knows. But I'm comfortable with the idea the manager is giving these types of players a chance to impress him before making a decision before rushing into signings and blocking their pathway. If they dont look up to it, then we move on. The squad seems strong enough currently to cope with a few weeks of fixtures without needing reinforcements. Theres chat the transfer window will be open until the end of October this season.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Yeah your a happy clapping c**t who thinks the club can do no wrong. 

:lol:

look at all the replies today, I'll give you a clue, I'm only one saints poster out of the many, who isn't giving a single f**k about why our manager, a week or so  into the job hasn't signed anyone. We all must be happy Clappers. You on the other hand are the only moaning c**t on about why the club hasn't done this, that or the other. That's fine by me Dick, you moan all you like just don't expect to not be called out on it when its pretty unfounded.

:lol:
look at all the replies today, I'll give you a clue, I'm only one saints poster out of the many, who isn't giving a single f**k about why our manager, a week or so  into the job hasn't signed anyone. We all must be happy Clappers. You on the other hand are the only moaning c**t on about why the club hasn't done this, that or the other. That's fine by me Dick, you moan all you like just don't expect to not be called out on it when its pretty unfounded.

Totally trust Calum to know best.

4 hours ago, nelsjfc said:

Other than that, cant think of any other players that have left tbh. We have the majority of the squad that finished so well last season. Don't think in influx of players is needed, nor to be expected at this moment.

Also Callachan, who was out of the picture, plus Butcher and Jones.  Wasn't there a third choice goalkeeper on loan as well?

Of the players who have left, only Wright, Butcher and Holt started the last match we played.

I do think we need a couple of players to boost the first team squad in the event of injuries, particularly when we first start back, as it's hard to know how the players will cope physically after such a lengthy lay off.  But we're in a far better shape than this time last year.

There's no rush, would rather we brought in the right players than just brought in players for the sake of it.  Butcher on loan again for the first half of the season would be ideal; hopefully relatively inexpensive, a quality player who we know what we're getting with, and he'd fit straight in to one of the few positions where we need cover.

7 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Also Callachan, who was out of the picture, plus Butcher and Jones.  Wasn't there a third choice goalkeeper on loan as well?

Max Johnstone was a permanent signing who's now gone.

Presumably replaced by the superior Ross Sinclair. Johnstones signing seemed entirely to cover reserve matches while Sinclair was loaned out.

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Max Johnstone was a permanent signing who's now gone.

Presumably replaced by the superior Ross Sinclair. Johnstones signing seemed entirely to cover reserve matches while Sinclair was loaned out.

Yes that’s the one

55 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Anyone else thought they'd stumbled onto the FM20 thread by mistake?

Frankly Callum Davidson is just lucky the jobs not up for grabs now, as my CV is now very strong.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Christ, the knicker wetting has started already I see.

Again, Motherwell have signed a load of players but I can't say I'm particularly envious about any of the signings. They mostly look like squad fillers to me, or punts on younger players. If we miss out on players, we could do exactly that at any point over the next couple of months - there's going to be loads of players available across the UK who will snap your hand off for a chance of a contract in the Scottish Premiership.

It's pretty clear we're only going to get 2 or 3 players this summer, has been from the outset. I'd rather the manager took his time, identified what he needs and then goes out and gets players to fill that void than signing players for the sake of it. 

We have a strong first eleven, some depth in certain positions and a host of young players who will see what is happening right now as a chance to push into the first team. Given the emergence of Clark, Gordon, Kerr, McCann, Kane, even May from the youth ranks in recent years, I'm pretty comfortable with what we're doing. Fucking chillax.

Was nice to drive past McDiarmid and see the squad training again, feels like it's been forever.

Split into three groups, one on each training pitch, but no idea who was where and sidnt stop and pay attention.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was nice to drive past McDiarmid and see the squad training again, feels like it's been forever.

Split into three groups, one on each training pitch, but no idea who was where and sidnt stop and pay attention.

Was that you doing your best shaolin monk impression at the roundabout up from your house earlier?

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Was that you doing your best shaolin monk impression at the roundabout up from your house earlier?

I've no idea what you're on about.

9 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

There was a twat running around with his tap aff swinging a sword about up at the roundabout. The road was closed by armed police.

😂 how have I missed that?!

I seen that idiot about 4pm where the new set of lights are where the 208 was. Wandering about bare chested, looked off his head and looking for bother.

Didn’t see the sword but he was carrying something wrapped up in a jacket.