Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

How much of in impact will the redundancies at SSE hit our season ticket numbers?

Believe it's a fair number out of work. They also used to get some discount as SSE employees too. 

Not sure how many are losing jobs there but I expect the general hit will probably be fairly big given that we'll probably be losing a lot of bar, restaurant and general service sector jobs and the wider Perthshire catchment area will have taken a huge hit in places like Pitlochry. No idea what the split is in support from Perth itself vs Perthshire. 

We may be insulated a little given how many of our supporters are older / retired, and maybe we'll see some people who have made it through the crisis so far will want to help out the local club, but I reckon it's another blow to trying to get a younger crowd in so even if this year's not that bad it won't help shift the average age down. 

Ironic given what's happened with the average squad age in the last couple of seasons that the crowd age will probably keep heading the other way. 

ETA also renewed online and it was very straightforward. Had to fill out my email address mind, despite the club sending me emails. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

23 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Not sure how many are losing jobs there but I expect the general hit will probably be fairly big given that we'll probably be losing a lot of bar, restaurant and general service sector jobs and the wider Perthshire catchment area will have taken a huge hit in places like Pitlochry. No idea what the split is in support from Perth itself vs Perthshire. 

Circa a thousand people according to papers 😬

21 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Shaughnessy was never going to be physical enough to cope in that league. 

Saw him play once for Southend and thought he was one of the better (ie classier) players in a poor team. Did look skinny, though.

Wonder if we’ll ever sign anyone ever again! We’ve not even been linked with anyone at all. One of the few teams yet to make a signing ( Rooney signed in January before anyone starts). Depending what you class Michael o’halloran we only have 4 midfielders, Muzz is a ticking time bomb and Liam is getting on a bit. If either of may or hendry gets injured we’ll be fucked as Chris kane is the worst striker in the league. 

Wonder if we’ll ever sign anyone ever again! We’ve not even been linked with anyone at all. One of the few teams yet to make a signing ( Rooney signed in January before anyone starts). Depending what you class Michael o’halloran we only have 4 midfielders, Muzz is a ticking time bomb and Liam is getting on a bit. If either of may or hendry gets injured we’ll be fucked as Chris kane is the worst striker in the league. 
How is Muzz a ticking time bomb?

1 hour ago, The Marly said:
8 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

I meant he’s a high risk of picking up suspensions and injuries, not ideal when running with a tiny squad 

9 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Good morning Dick,  cheered up any? 

9 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Heard we'll never sign anyone ever again and plan on selling anyone who gets an offer in for them.

10 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Relax. Please. 

Callum in the papers today saying both we're looking at players but aren't going to rush - although he does also say he'd like players in quickly to settle if they are the right ones.

1 hour ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Hiya Steve, hiya pal 

Dont blame Broon.

I've heard Kirsten Robertson is single handedly vetoing every single player and demanding everyone takes pay cuts. If they refuse she plans to eat their souls.

4 hours ago, The Marly said:
11 hours ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Did he get lifted? 🙂

Eb6LLm3XQAAOHsp?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by realmadrid

“I will be limited on what I can and can’t do but I knew that anyway before I came in.”

Not even made 1 signing yet and this is what we’re getting. Covid must not have affect Motherwell since they seem able to make so many signings.