Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 09/01/2020 at 06:47, mizfit said:

On another note, I Just noticed actually that Shaughnessy has only appeared twice for Southend this season, and they’ve not paid their players this month.

Think he’s having regrets?

Linked with St Mirren this morning, I'd say there will definitely be regrets.

I doubt he'd get near the centre of our defence just now, but he'd be a decent option for right back.

I don't think Shaughnessy would weaken our defence if he played but he wouldn't strengthen it either. He's no more than cover at right back as he stunts the way you play if utilised there. 

What a stupid boy. As a wise man has said, long throw, short sight. 

I don't think Shaughnessy would weaken our defence if he played but he wouldn't strengthen it either. He's no more than cover at right back as he stunts the way you play if utilised there. 
Got his dad to blame. Tried to get him the same wages his brother was on at Leeds United. Both Aberdeen and saints couldn't get near them. There was no real negotiations downwards from player and agent. Just another example to any player looking to move on from saints that the grass isn't always greener. We have seen it a lot over these past 5 or 6 years.

Got his dad to blame. Tried to get him the same wages his brother was on at Leeds United. Both Aberdeen and saints couldn't get near them. There was no real negotiations downwards from player and agent. Just another example to any player looking to move on from saints that the grass isn't always greener. We have seen it a lot over these past 5 or 6 years.

He should have a slightly healthier bank balance after a season in England, but he must be secretly gutted.

6 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:
14 minutes ago, Radford said:

A family member with limited knowledge seeing one son on very good wages tries to get the other, probably more successful son, decent wages. You can see why a dad would be blind to what actually happens in the football world and you can't blame him for trying but by f**k did he not f**k that up big time. Get a fucking agent son, any normal non invested c**t could see the way it was going.

I imagine there was also some aspect of a Dad believing their kid is a better footballer than they actually are. 

Happens at every level. Parents raging their kid has been released by clubs etc...

This time though "My son is better than that and deserves a salary of at least XXXXXXX"

Imagine having to sack your own Dad! 😑

On 26/06/2020 at 20:43, RandomGuy. said:

It's been very good.

Not Sky levels of production but I've never had any issues with lagging or poor quality images.

Only potentially problem will be the viewers all using the site will likely rocket, so no idea how well it would cope. Think @realmadrid would be far more knowledgeable about it than me.

The site should cope as it's hosted externally and the system is provided by a company who do a number of teams in Scotland many of which have far more fans than we do.

Its not however fool proof, there have been Saints TV issues before with technical issues getting the stream to the host but thats maybe been 2 games in the period that Gary has had Saints TV running for the overseas fans.

2 hours ago, realmadrid said:

The site should cope as it's hosted externally and the system is provided by a company who do a number of teams in Scotland many of which have far more fans than we do.

Its not however fool proof, there have been Saints TV issues before with technical issues getting the stream to the host but thats maybe been 2 games in the period that Gary has had Saints TV running for the overseas fans.

At least one of those issues as well would have been down to the wifi going down in the stadium. The scanners for the season tickets had issues because of that as well. Midweek game if I remember rightly, Hearts maybe? 

-----

Season ticket renewals kicked off today. Fine for me, others having issues but its to be expected when everyone tries logging in at the same time. Few quirky issues arising as well looking at peoples responses online but imagine how awful this process would have been without the online system. Solely over the phone or by mail?

6 hours ago, The Saintee said:

Shaughnessy was never going to be physical enough to cope in that league. 

Missed him at the beginning of last season but since we got things sorted and went on our run, has he been missed-- no.

Would struggle now to get near the team unless injury caused a need.

Made a big career mistake as he didn't play that many games for Southend.

Wouldn't want him back.

Renewal was fairly straight forward for me. Much, much easier than previous years; should have changed to a system like this years ago. Managed to fight off my inner tight wad and paid the full price too.

4 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

How much of in impact will the redundancies at SSE hit our season ticket numbers?

Believe it's a fair number out of work. They also used to get some discount as SSE employees too. 

I doubt our support can get much lower.