Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, akuram said:

Hope the club are listening.

I'd wager I've more chance of being the next manager.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd wager I've more chance of being the next manager.

I'd wager you could do his job with more competence than he could with yours.

That's a wee compliment for you Random, it's nice to be nice, you should try it some time. He could obviously do more keepie uppies while pissed, that's a given, you're absolutely shite at that. 

12 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

We're going to end up with a Peter Grant/John Hughes dream team.

Wonder who the 'usual suspects' Brown speaks of, are?

Nevio Scala and Stewart Baxter.

Steve Brown needs to f**k off, and then f**k off some more.

Maybe instead of sticking his head up Rangers arse he should be moving things along with his own club.

The only man who sees a situation where clubs need the fans to stay onside, and actively tries to piss them off.

Struggling to understand why Brown would be out making comments in support of the Colt teams. If Colt teams were to be introduced based on Rangers proposed plans it would allow our club to enter a Colt team into the pyramid system, lowland setup etc so probably wouldnt do our younger players any harm to be involved in that but the reality is we wouldn't enter a team due to cost.

Reading his other comments though I dont think he's going to vote for and back any league reconstruction right now. 

“If you bring it in now, you just move the problem to other clubs.

“It is unjust what has happened, there is no getting away from that. But unless you have a better option – which I don’t think we have at the moment – you just pass the pain on to other clubs"

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Struggling to understand why Brown would be out making comments in support of the Colt teams. If Colt teams were to be introduced based on Rangers proposed plans it would allow our club to enter a Colt team into the pyramid system, lowland setup etc so probably wouldnt do our younger players any harm to be involved in that but the reality is we wouldn't enter a team due to cost.

I didn't really understand what he was advocating. Addressing the concern of some lower league teams that Colts will scramble over them won't be removed by a fifth league. It will only be delayed.

Also annoys me when club chairmen grump about the 11-1 voting system. They had a perfect opportunity to address that when Rangers went bust and did nothing about it.

4 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

I didn't really understand what he was advocating. Addressing the concern of some lower league teams that Colts will scramble over them won't be removed by a fifth league. It will only be delayed.

Also annoys me when club chairmen grump about the 11-1 voting system. They had a perfect opportunity to address that when Rangers went bust and did nothing about it.

The clubs all voted to change the voting,Aberdeen sided with Celtic for status quo,and that’s what we’re still ruled by the bigots 

On 09/06/2020 at 19:08, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Fair play to Grant for being polite.

Would have been harsh to say Clark is pish and wasn't getting a call up on the back of a lucky streak.

Richard Forster trying to take advantage of Mcleish’s inebriated state by trying to score a Scotland cap was also ridiculous. But lets be honest, a Scotland manager would have to be on crack before calling up a Saints player.