Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I mean including post-split.

Yes. If we won our game-in-hand, we would have been seven points behind 3rd with eight games remaining (including the post-split matches). So if you’re asking what the highest position is that we could have finished arithmetically, it is 3rd.

7 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

So if we follow the Hearts and Rangers argument we've actually given up a huge wad of cash and europe for the greater good. We're sound c***s eh.

You have to balance that out with the Steve Brown interview where he complains that it was disappointing given our top 2 budget, and he also has the ruinous cost of european football, again.

On 17/05/2020 at 23:55, Saigon Raider said:

I'm sure I remember a game away at Raith where Wright, O'Boyle and Dodds was our front three. Paul Wright hit a ball as well as I have ever seen and O'Boyle was brilliant with his back to goal.

Dodds and O'Boyle never played together. O'Boyle essentially replaced him when sold to Aberdeen. You are probably thinking of Dodds, Wright and Ian Ferguson who lined up together in that game at Raith, sure it was Dodds debut. There was lot of excitement about the three of them playing together. Game finished 1-1 with Gunni Torfarson getting late penalty equaliser. Home game against Hibs on the Saturday Dodds and Wright (I think) scored but Wright then got terrible injury which basically put him out for a year. We were ultimately relegated thanks to that moment.

Kane, Craig and Booth have all signed 6 month contracts.

Northcott, Robertson and Hamilton have extended their deals also

Johnstone, Callachan, Swanson, McMillan, O'Reilly and Struthers confirmed as away.

No mention of Anderson (I'm guessing he'll get a proper goodbye and not just a foot note), Wright or Davidson.

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Kane, Craig and Booth have all signed 6 month contracts.

Northcott, Robertson and Hamilton have extended their deals also

Johnstone, Callachan, Swanson, McMillan, O'Reilly and Struthers confirmed as away.

No mention of Anderson (I'm guessing he'll get a proper goodbye and not just a foot note), Wright or Davidson.

The official website has a headline and brief article dedicated to Ando leaving.  Apparently a full interview with him on Saints tv tomorrow.

8 hours ago, mizfit said:

Well that’s it, Anderson has a record I doubt will ever be beaten let alone matched. He’ll go down in the history books.

How far away is Liam Craig now?

Only one I can think of who could get close.

St Johnstone 2020/21

Goalkeepers

1: Zander Clark (27) - 2022

12: Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

45: Ross Sinclair (19) - 2021

Defenders

2: Wallace Duffy (21) - 2021

3: Scott Tanser (25) - 2021

4: Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

15: Jason Kerr (23) - 2022

23: Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

24: Callum Booth (28) - January 2021

N/A: Shaun Rooney (23) - 20??

Midfielders

10: David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

17: Michael O'Halloran (29) - 2021

18: Ali McCann (20) - 2023

26: Liam Craig (33) - January 2021

38: Cammy Ballantyne (20) - 20??

49: Oliver Hamilton (18) - 20??

Strikers

9: Chris Kane (25) - January 2021

14: Stevie May (27) - 2021

22: Callum Hendry (22) - 2022

43: John Robertson (18) - 20??

50: Jordan Northcott (18) - 20??

Contract expiring but offered new deal: Murray Davidson, Drey Wright.

Contract expiring and free to leave: Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson, Euan O'Reilly, David McMillan, Shaun Struthers.

Loan players leaving: Anthony Ralston, Jason Holt, Matt Butcher, Izzy Jones.

Edited by RandomGuy.

How far away is Liam Craig now?
Only one I can think of who could get close.

40 odd games. Given he only played 15 last year and the chances of him playing games is only getting slimmer, don’t think it’s a record he’s getting past.

So we have 21 signed players with 2 more still considering contract extensions. Not much wiggle room for a new manager to bring in their own players this summer at this rate.