Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 22/07/2019 at 16:40, Crroma said:

Hi tam. Football leagues work on the basis of promotions and relegations. Its a very real possibility st Johnstone will be the relegated team purely on the number of teams, never mind other factors such as personnel, injuries etc.

(I just trolled you by pointing out something in a very condescending manner, this should help you with the definition)

On 22/07/2019 at 16:44, tree house tam said:

£25 pound  bet St Johnstone won't be relegated this season? 

On 22/07/2019 at 16:46, Crroma said:

That sound reasonable

On 22/07/2019 at 17:00, tree house tam said:

Let's iron this out then, you pay a charity of my choice £25 if St Johnstone are not relegated in the 2019/20 season, I'll pay £25 to a charity of your choice if they are. I'd like to add this is the first bet I've had on here in years due to folk not paying, please do not be one of them, pay when due.

On 22/07/2019 at 17:24, Crroma said:

Yeah that sounds good, hadn't thought of the charity thing but that's sensible and makes anyone that doesn't pay an asshole. *handshake"

Since Kyle doesn't bother anymore...

St Johnstone 2020/21

Goalkeepers

1: Zander Clark (27) - 2022

12: Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

N/A: Ross Sinclair (19) - 2021

Defenders

2: Wallace Duffy (21) - 2021

3: Scott Tanser (25) - 2021

4: Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

15: Jason Kerr (23) - 2022

23: Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

N/A: Shaun Rooney (23) - 20??

Midfielders

10: David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18: Ali McCann (20) - 2023

17: Michael O'Halloran (29) - 2021

Strikers

14: Stevie May (27) - 2021

22: Callum Hendry (22) - 2022

Contract expiring but offered new deal: Callum Booth, Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Drey Wright, Chris Kane.

Contract expiring and free to leave: Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson, David McMillan.

Loan players leaving: Anthony Ralston, Jason Holt, Matt Butcher, Izzy Jones.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cheers Random. 

53 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Would rather a charity went without £25 than Crroma started posting again tbh. This is one bet I hope gets shirked. 

Like every other bet I've won on here, c***s don't pay when they should.

The Courier confirms what we kind of all expected - Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson and David McMillan all leaving the club. The rest (Wright, Davidson, Craig and Kane) all 'in talks' to extend their contracts.

I hope we do what Dundee have done and extend those out of contract players so that they benefit from the furlough scheme, unless of course they have something else lined up.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Since Kyle doesn't bother anymore...

St Johnstone 2020/21

Goalkeepers

1: Zander Clark (27) - 2022

12: Elliot Parish (29) - 2021

N/A: Ross Sinclair (19) - 2021

Defenders

2: Wallace Duffy (21) - 2021

3: Scott Tanser (25) - 2021

4: Jamie McCart (22) - 2022

15: Jason Kerr (23) - 2022

23: Liam Gordon (24) - 2021

N/A: Shaun Rooney (23) - 20??

Midfielders

10: David Wotherspoon (30) - 2021

18: Ali McCann (20) - 2023

17: Michael O'Halloran (29) - 2021

Strikers

14: Stevie May (27) - 2021

22: Callum Hendry (22) - 2022

Contracts expiring Summer 2020: Max Johnstone, Callum Booth, Steven Anderson, Liam Craig, Drey Wright, Chris Kane, David McMillan.

Contract expiring but offered new deal: Murray Davidson.

Contract expiring and free to leave: Danny Swanson.

Loan players leaving: Anthony Ralston, Jason Holt, Matt Butcher, Izzy Jones.

Good lad.  My out of contract list is on my work pc and I've not been in the office for over two months now.

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

The Courier confirms what we kind of all expected - Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Ross Callachan, Danny Swanson and David McMillan all leaving the club. The rest (Wright, Davidson, Craig and Kane) all 'in talks' to extend their contracts.

I hope we do what Dundee have done and extend those out of contract players so that they benefit from the furlough scheme, unless of course they have something else lined up.

Unless the scheme has changed from when it all began? Saints would only need to have the guys on the parole for when their Furlough ends (this is of course if football players are similar to ordinary employees?). so when their furlough ends (Our one at work is in 3 week terms, Saints can reply if they are still on the payroll at that time, Also I remember something in Players contract talks before that players are entitled to 1 month pay after their contract runs out (Steven Naismith springs to mind and Matty Kennedy). I suppose where the problem arises with Swanson and the others is they will probably not have any offers in the three week period so this is where the contract period would kick in. I am sure a £1 four month contract would not break the bank.    

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

Although this is a fine idea, the players mentioned have benefitted immensely from not leaving Saints when they weren't wanted. Saints gave them the contracts but have some self respect lads. They've clung onto cash coming in from Saints when they all knew they wouldn't be playing, works both ways imo. Off you pop.

9 hours ago, Kyle said:

My out of contract list is on my work pc and I've not been in the office for over two months now.

When's the divorce party?

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Although this is a fine idea, the players mentioned have benefitted immensely from not leaving Saints when they weren't wanted. Saints gave them the contracts but have some self respect lads. They've clung onto cash coming in from Saints when they all knew they wouldn't be playing, works both ways imo. Off you pop.

The club wanted them when they offered those contracts, and I'm pretty sure those guys wanted to play. It would cost the club nothing and the players would get £2500 a month instead of c.£400. It's not just a fine idea, it's the only decent thing to do.

Genuinely think those in talks will all sign, you’re better the devil you know right now and a secured wage is better than being out of work with very few teams willing to sign or commit until they know what’s actually happening.

I echo the statements about keeping the out of contract players on the payroll, at least until they’ve got a new club signed up, it isn’t going to cost saints a great deal, if anything so no harm in doing the right thing. Ando especially, and Swanson to a lesser extent deserve that at the very least.

16 minutes ago, Widge said:

Genuinely think those in talks will all sign, you’re better the devil you know right now and a secured wage is better than being out of work with very few teams willing to sign or commit until they know what’s actually happening.

I echo the statements about keeping the out of contract players on the payroll, at least until they’ve got a new club signed up, it isn’t going to cost saints a great deal, if anything so no harm in doing the right thing. Ando especially, and Swanson to a lesser extent deserve that at the very least.

Raith fans seem to think Anderson will have no bother getting a deal there tbf.

No idea how the furlough works in terms of footballers and PCAs though.

Furlough still applies when a fixed term contract is extended, so I'd imagine footballers will fall in that bracket. At the end of the day, the government pays 80% of the wages up to a certain amount (I think is £2,500 a month?) with the employers under no obligation to pay the other 20%. I think allowing the players to get their 80% is the right thing to do and I don't think it would cost Saints anything, at least until when the terms of the furlough scheme changes.

Edit: I don't think we'd be able to furlough Shaun Rooney - I think the cut off date is the middle of March and Rooney's employment with Saints will start after that.

Edited by Kyle

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I don't think it would cost Saints anything, at least until when the terms of the furlough scheme changes.

If this is the case and its watertight then Saints should do it, if there is any doubt whatsoever, nope, not for me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rooney play for Saints, think he'll need a lot of work defensively but in a 3/5 he will be Dreys replacement. In a 4 who plays in front of him if Drey goes? MOH? Spoony? That leaves us relying on Rooneys defensive capabilities, can't be worse than Duffy surely. 

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

If this is the case and its watertight then Saints should do it, if there is any doubt whatsoever, nope, not for me.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Rooney play for Saints, think he'll need a lot of work defensively but in a 3/5 he will be Dreys replacement. In a 4 who plays in front of him if Drey goes? MOH? Spoony? That leaves us relying on Rooneys defensive capabilities, can't be worse than Duffy surely. 

It'll need to be O'Halloran I'd imagine, Wotherspoon is pretty much a nailed on starter on the left for me. He was arguably our second best player after January and really stood up to be counted. In fact it was the same for most of the season, he provided crucial goals and assists, yet once again he's hated and abused from the stands. When he eventually goes I hope the idiots in the crowd suddenly realise how good he is and can be and that he's an asset to the squad no mater what role he plays.

Whether or not Wright signs on again or not though, any new manager will need to be on the lookout for at least 1 wide player, if not two as that's the area we're shortest in. I don't think any of the youngsters are out and out wide men, may be wrong though. 

10 minutes ago, Widge said:

It'll need to be O'Halloran I'd imagine, Wotherspoon is pretty much a nailed on starter on the left for me. He was arguably our second best player after January and really stood up to be counted. In fact it was the same for most of the season, he provided crucial goals and assists, yet once again he's hated and abused from the stands. When he eventually goes I hope the idiots in the crowd suddenly realise how good he is and can be and that he's an asset to the squad no mater what role he plays.

Whether or not Wright signs on again or not though, any new manager will need to be on the lookout for at least 1 wide player, if not two as that's the area we're shortest in. I don't think any of the youngsters are out and out wide men, may be wrong though. 

Wee Euan from Crieff is a wide player.