Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Cleland name checked as the one making the decisions on players...
Tbf, I imagine Wright had plans in place before he left. He'll have had targets in place too.

Sad but expected to see Swanson leaving. Fantastic in the second spell but clearly not contributed enough this time round. Provided lots of entertainment over the years he was here though and he attitude before he left for Hibs endeared him even more to the fans.

Just now, tree house tam said:

f**k knows.  I must however congratulate you on eventually getting that lawn mower working.

Couldn't do it until the council sent me new Brown bin permits, took weeks.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Couldn't do it until the council sent me new Brown bin permits, took weeks.

Shite. They've emptied mine every time and I've still not paid for a new one. 

You can also print off a receipt and stick it on your bin until one arrives. Just because you live in letham you don't have to be a mink. Don't let them bring you down to their level.

Edited by tree house tam

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What kind of manager are we expecting Cleland to be?

Surely just continue where TW left it early on.

If Steve Brown is acting with the best intentions and feels Cleland is the right man then I'll get behind him. I'd still be surprised if he's promoted rather than simply retained though.

He certainly knows the club and structures but I don't think it's unfair to question if he has the charisma and character to pull off the transition that TW did.  But then equally, this is a guy who played in the top leagues in Scotland and England under Jim McLean and Walter Smith, so maybe that's not giving him enough credit. 

I think he'd serve much more of a purpose remaining as a sounding board to a new manager though. 

Same staff and a new manager for me. Good contacts, ambitious without it being the primary short-term motivation and never mentions the word philosophy. Have a slight nagging doubt about his personality but on balance, everything points towards Callum Davidson Neil Warnock for me. 

Baffling where United got this motion of saints fans exiting the ground en masse at full time. I didn’t leave until the stadium was near empty.

😄  You just know Gav Clark is going to be a bitter wee fat Arab.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Saintstv Highlights of the Scottish cup 4th round replay v Inverness Caley from the early 90's. Some great attacking football from us, a Gary McGinnis wonder strike and wearing one of the best Saints strips there's ever been. Would love to get one of the long sleeved tops.  What a player Paul Wright was, probably technically the best striker I've ever seen play for Saints.

Full house and folk not getting in for a midweek 4th round cup match against a non-league team is a bit bonkers.  Think there was 3000 Caley fans down or something, some turnout from both sides.

12 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Baffling where United got this motion of saints fans exiting the ground en masse at full time. I didn’t leave until the stadium was near empty.

Who knows.

Just have to show them photos of after the trophies been presented.

Tommy_Wright__2914925b.jpg.7b9c0c8bd153ad8cdafb6167f744c84b.jpg

image.jpg.cc83838ad4215abac736c4a5d05edd93.jpg

Plenty of fans in the background.

St Johnstone fans in the midst of a crisis that sees clubs relying on fans for income, ladies and gentlemen...

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

What a player Paul Wright was, probably technically the best striker I've ever seen play for Saints.

He was brilliant, a truly brilliant finisher. Wright and O'Boyle are the pick of the strikers in my time watching Saints, very talented footballers.

Agree Tam.

Just watching that Inverness game made me think of Sergei Baltacha that played for both teams and ended up as player manager in the Highland League.

You forget the pedigree of the guy.

Played for 12 seasons for Dinamo Kiev, up there with the best teams in Europe at the time, winning the Cup Winners Cup with them.

Played 46 games for the Soviet Union team in the 1980's that always seemed to be around the latter stages of the big international tournaments.  He scored in the 1982 World Cup group stages

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ldk1zUjE9u8

and came on as a sub in the 1988 European championships final against Holland in the game where Van Basten scored that wonder volley.

IMG_1048.JPG.c5b9619a664dee707cf09546ef888e70.JPG

Two years later your photos on the front page of the PA sitting on a tractor having just signed for St Johnstone. 

Can anyone link that photo, I can't find it..