Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

When I hear the usual media dross being touted, your Billy Dodds, Pressley, Hartle, McIntyre etc, then I think if Callum doesn't want it then let's just go for a Liam Craig/ Dave Mackay type of set up.

If that self-appointed expert Kirsten is involved in selection, I'd fear we could end up with any of the weegia favourites.

I've always been of the opinion you're better gambling on an unproven, than gambling on a proven failure.

Means you can rule out 95% of folk linked so far

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've always been of the opinion you're better gambling on an unproven, than gambling on a proven failure.

Billy Dodds then

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Agree!

And in fairness to Saints, we've never really gone for anyone off the Scottish football merry go round.

So far.

14 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Billy Dodds then

I'd prefer that to John Hughes.

At least Dodds would be so bad he'd punted quite quickly. Hughes has a dangerous habit of succeeding with someone elses sides and then blowing the entire club apart.

7 hours ago, KTID26 said:

The economic benefit of the pitch to Killie is NOT as a revenue generator as we DO NOT rent it out. Apart from the first team squad, the reserves and under 20's our Elite Academy use the pitch. The benefit in terms of £'s is based on the fact we were paying in excess of £150k per year on training facilities which is worth a good quality player. 

We've already got a plastic pitch for revenue anyway. 

She's trying her best to alienate every single fan. IF TRUE. 

_________

Peter Lovenkrands linked by paper for the job now as well. Him alongside Boa Morte can get tae f**k. These guys are not the kind of men St. Johnstone need. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

12 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Coyle fancies it again as well. Nope. 

His article in the Herald says he has no interest?

I remember at the time we were really close to agreeing a deal and it was one which was truly exciting at the time since he was this young up and coming goalscorer with attitude. Especially after he ended our long unbeaten run when playing at Livingstone (hell of a volley that!).

Dundee gonna Dundee though and we missed out on having a terrific player and one who'd have made us a fortune moving on for sure. 

15 minutes ago, Widge said:

I remember at the time we were really close to agreeing a deal and it was one which was truly exciting at the time since he was this young up and coming goalscorer with attitude. Especially after he ended our long unbeaten run when playing at Livingstone (hell of a volley that!).

Dundee gonna Dundee though and we missed out on having a terrific player and one who'd have made us a fortune moving on for sure. 

martin freeman no GIF

1 minute ago, Speroni*1 said:

martin freeman no GIF

Insightful contribution as ever, I apologise for my phones autocorrect.

Now if you're not going to add anything, back down a league you go Ludo. You've turned into the Dundee equivalent of RG!

Just now, Widge said:

Insightful contribution as ever, I apologise for my phones autocorrect.

Now if you're not going to add anything, back down a league you go Ludo. You've turned into the Dundee equivalent of RG!

I'm not a spelling nazi or anything like it, but unable to get a team's name correct - jeezo.

Dundee probably got what they wanted by saying no, a club willing to pay a fee to them with add ons etc.

Had we signed Griffiths though, oooft what would have been phenomenal

1 minute ago, mizfit said:

Dundee probably got what they wanted by saying no, a club willing to pay a fee to them with add ons etc.

Had we signed Griffiths though, oooft what would have been phenomenal

Aye, £150,000 with several add-ons was what he was sold for. (Think we received in the region of 250k - 500k everything all in)

24 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Aye, £150,000 with several add-ons was what he was sold for. (Think we received in the region of 250k - 500k everything all in)

Dundee receiving multiple times more money for Jack Hendry than Leigh Griffiths just highlights even further what an awful transfer that was for Celtic.

Pound per performance, must be one of the worst transfers of a Scot between Scottish clubs in the past decade. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Dundee receiving multiple times more money for Jack Hendry than Leigh Griffiths just highlights even further what an awful transfer that was for Celtic.

Pound per performance, must be one of the worst transfers of a Scot between Scottish clubs in the past decade. 

I think it highlights the situation we were in more than anything to do with Jack Hendry. We paid £125,000 for Griffiths. To only get £150,000 was purely a result of our circumstances.

Jack Hendry is a cracking CH and could have been as Scotland mainstay but has made all the wrong career decisions and is well off it due to a lack of first team football in his career. No doubt he'll end up doing well for a Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen/Similar club down South.