Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Gutted but not surprised.

If he ends up with the NI job then theres zero complaints from me. Hes come in, given us the best era of the clubs history, left us in a good state in terms of the squad and walked off into the sunset to his dream job.

We wont get as good a manager, so a slide is inevitable, if that ends with a relegation then so be it, I'd argue the good times we've had are well worth what bad times might now follow.

Have to trust the Browns though. Coyle, McInnes, Lomas and Wright have all been relatively successful, so they had a decent track record.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Gutted but not surprised.

If he ends up with the NI job then theres zero complaints from me. Hes come in, given us the best era of the clubs history, left us in a good state in terms of the squad and walked off into the sunset to his dream job.

We wont get as good a manager, so a slide is inevitable, if that ends with a relegation then so be it, I'd argue the good times we've had are well worth what bad times might now follow.

Have to trust the Browns though. Coyle, McInnes, Lomas and Wright have all been relatively successful, so they had a decent track record.

Im guessing your a glass half empty kind of guy..  bit drastic to be talking about relegation ffs😄

Happy for Tommy if this is the first step towards him going to the Northern Ireland job, he's had a lot of success at St Johnstone and he deserves a shot at a biggest opportunity in his career.

Leaves Saints a bit shafted, especially with the talk of the Browns looking to sell. Hopefully it turns into some crazy overseas sporting investment opportunity, that'd be exciting after years of boring but safe (and sometimes sexy) St Johnstone. 

More likely some money grabbing oligarch comes in, sells Hendry and Mccann for gift-shop prices and we'll have a couple of years watching Chris Kane bag hat-tricks in the re-arranged 16 team championship against East Fife and Stranraer and Blairgowrie FC

Footballs always changing lads, thats what makes it exciting 

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Callum Davidson?

Sure hope not.

Just now, Bohemian said:

Im guessing your a glass half empty kind of guy..  bit drastic to be talking about relegation ffs😄

It will come to us in my lifetime.

Most clubs are only one bad appointment/transfer window from it.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sure hope not.

It will come to us in my lifetime.

Most clubs are only one bad appointment/transfer window from it.

Very true.. wait and see who you appoint first before the doom and gloom.. 

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

There have been candidates in mind for this job for some time. Let the Dees and Buddies have there fun, we'll still finish above them for years to come.

Smart move, including Dundee in that sentence so it will at least be half right. Spelling 'their' wrong was less smart, tbf.

2 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Very true.. wait and see who you appoint first before the doom and gloom.. 

Suspect we might not need to wait long if this has been in the works for months.

Can't wait for 8 pages of all the fans of clubs desperate for us to be worse than them that come first though.