Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 31/03/2020 at 00:08, realmadrid said:

Happy Airdrie day.

"He's fat, he's round, his team are staying down...Jimmy Bone, Jimmy Bone. " 

On 31/03/2020 at 09:38, Saigon Raider said:

https://tv.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/666

30 minute doc on the Airdrie game. Still probably my favourite game I have seen live.

There's a decent long read in The Courier on the game too. https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1226818/long-read-mcdiarmid-parks-greatest-game-the-30th-anniversary-of-st-johnstone-3-airdrie-1/ 

It was before my time but it's always a game that's been talked of and remembered fondly despite the result. I suppose due to the sense of occasion, the game itself, John Martin's performance and Stevie Gray's goal. 10,000 at a St Johnstone v Airdrie game would be incomprehensible in the top flight these days let alone the second tier. 

I think the contrasting fortunes of both clubs since then is a microcosm on how to manage a stadium move and how to run a football club. 

We'll hopefully see you soon though (after a double promotion). 

You beat me to it Ali, was just coming on to plug it!

www.weareperth.co.uk for all your Saints video needs... about 150 added so far - including almost every game from the last three seasons, the Scottish cup winning run, the recent European campaigns, as well as various McDiarmid/Muirton classics and other bits and pieces. There will be a lot more to come and the plan is to have as many full seasons worth of videos as I can find and a much fuller archive of older stuff as we go forward.

If anyone has old VHS or DVD footage of particularly tasty games (the 7-2 game - surely it exists somewhere?) please do get in touch!

There’s a remarkable amount from that season available! More from then than the early 2000s.

I used to have a stack of videos downloaded from the old ScotPrem.com website years ago but unfortunately they’ve all vanished somewhere down the line.

4 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

There’s a remarkable amount from that season available! More from then than the early 2000s.

I used to have a stack of videos downloaded from the old ScotPrem.com website years ago but unfortunately they’ve all vanished somewhere down the line.

You got the superb 3-3 draw at Brockville from 89/90?

15 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Was at all of those games. 

The Airdrie is still the all time great. By a distance.

We did have some great trips to Brockville around that time.

Watched the highlights and documentary last night.  Was so good.  Still remember having the feeling after Airdrie scored that it was still going to turn out alright. Might have just been the warm sun in my face boosting my feel good factor.

10 minutes ago, shibbydoo said:

Does anyone have a digital copy of the Cup Final? Or know where I can get one, or a DVD?

Happy to ping you a few quid!

The full BBC show is on YouTube I think...

... I'm not sure if that's what you're wanting though? Chances of getting the DVD of it are pretty slim now, not sure many people will be selling it.

19 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Welcome back @tree house tam.  All those cocktails of drugs from your younger days obviously killed the virus and here you are!

How you feeling?

I'm fine pal. I'd be more worried for Honest Saints Fan tbh. Total isolation would be my advice.

Younger days? Never say never.....

13 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I'm fine pal. I'd be more worried for Honest Saints Fan tbh. Total isolation would be my advice.

Younger days? Never say never.....

All good here! We are being pretty strict with isolating! Did have the wee ones out doing Saints #passiton challenge  as seen here...  https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?height=224&width=400&href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FTheStJohnstoneCommunityTrust%2Fvideos%2F217364146154630%2F

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The full BBC show is on YouTube I think...

... I'm not sure if that's what you're wanting though? Chances of getting the DVD of it are pretty slim now, not sure many people will be selling it.

Fucking perfect mate! Thanks

See theres a thread on WAP discussing it, but this...

... gets you thinking about what yours would be.

Chucked mines on WAP as...

Main

Mackay - Anderson - Duberry - Stanic

MOH - Morris - Hardie - Swanson

May - O'Boyle

... purely based on when they played their absolute best rather than over the course of their time at Saints. I also cant really remember the 90s side that well now tbh.

Feels harsh as f**k leaving out the likes of Mannus, Easton, Wright, Sheerin, Craig, Wotherspoon, Dasovic, O'Neill, MacLean, Savo, Peaso and Scotland tbh, and that's only the ones I can remember being class. By all accounts there should be another 10 odd players in that lot.

It's always debatable with all time teams, even in my own head tbh. You get mixed up with feelings of favouritism, ability, time served etc

Is Stevie May really a better player than say, Sandaza? Was swashbuckling Stanic better than Callum Davidson? Does Duberrys reputation put him ahead of big Fraz?

I usually just go with favourites but then would probably change it if asked every day thereafter.

So, 

Main  

Duberry  Baltacha Kernaghan

Mackay                                       Davidson 

Morris            O'Neil 

Moore                  O'Boyle           Maskrey

With about 30 subs.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

Are you having issues with it not accepting your password? It’s working at my end. There have been a lot of software updates and server fixes the last few days so you may need a browser cache clear out etc to get it to work.