Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

23 minutes ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

high time other folk minded their own business with stuff like that.

No, no, no you're wrong. It's their right to vent their disgust to anybody. And everybody. They must be heard. Everything they say is important. The soshul meedja said so.

So look, listen and take heed. 

:) 

Like and share if you agree.  

It's harmless enough in abstract and I'm very reluctant to criticise an old boy just trying to enjoy going to the football.

I’m not reluctant to criticise him - old c**t or not, he deserves all the pelters he gets for wearing that home-made abomination.

Only one Saints fan on here who's old enough to be him, and that's [mention=13468]andrewh[/mention]

I’d like to say that you used to be half my age but are catching up, but I don’t know how old you are 🤣

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m not reluctant to criticise him - old c**t or not, he deserves all the pelters he gets for wearing that home-made abomination.

If you did it with all those who you support it would resemble those tops Gary Anderson used to wear.

This has probably been discussed and I’m late to the party, apologies if so. However...

There’s talk of Saints being a candidate to be bought by Chelsea. Apparently big Roman wants to buy a Scottish club to get around some UEFA rule (don’t have a link handy) and Saints are being suggested (by saints fans) as a prime candidate with our link to Jody Morris and the fact that Abramovich apparently owns property in #perthshire. This along with the recent interviews with the Browns, are the stars aligning for a sensational buyout of the club? Will Saints become the Chelsea of the Scottish Premiership and bring home the league title to Perth? If so, you can shove fan ownership up your arse because this is a train I’m prepared to get on.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

This has probably been discussed and I’m late to the party, apologies if so. However...

There’s talk of Saints being a candidate to be bought by Chelsea. Apparently big Roman wants to buy a Scottish club to get around some UEFA rule (don’t have a link handy) and Saints are being suggested (by saints fans) as a prime candidate with our link to Jody Morris and the fact that Abramovich apparently owns property in #perthshire. This along with the recent interviews with the Browns, are the stars aligning for a sensational buyout of the club? Will Saints become the Chelsea of the Scottish Premiership and bring home the league title to Perth? If so, you can shove fan ownership up your arse because this is a train I’m prepared to get on.

You should probably read the story before you carry on supporting the idea, otherwise you and @ali_91 will have a falling out.

5 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I’m not so sure. I was dead against it at first, but everyone on St Johnstone Banter wants it to happen so I accept that I’m wrong.

I try to avoid it but take an occasional dip in.It's inhabited by kids,barely literate goons,knuckledragging morons and the terminally bewildered..

16 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I’m not so sure. I was dead against it at first, but everyone on St Johnstone Banter wants it to happen so I accept that I’m wrong.

I just read all of that on the banter page now. Mental.

11 hours ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

I try to avoid it but take an occasional dip in.It's inhabited by kids,barely literate goons,knuckledragging morons and the terminally bewildered..

48 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I just read all of that on the banter page now. Mental.

It's not entirely unexpected theyve not been able to read the story and just assume we'd have a billionaire owner.

It's not entirely unexpected theyve not been able to read the story and just assume we'd have a billionaire owner.

Reading and comprehension do not necessarily go together. Your way or mine gives the same result. [emoji23]

11 hours ago, mizfit said:

Well this is nice.

It's all a bit shite, eh.

Tbf Saints are one of the lucky clubs here. No matter whether the season is ended, voided, or extended, we're unlikely to find ourselves feeling massively hard done by etc., still an outside chance of finishing a few positions up, or down, but any European qualification/relegation chances are gone.

Financially we were planning for a cut anyway, but the money in the bank should cover things until the league pay out, whenever that will come. I doubt that many Saints fans will be demanding refunds either.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I doubt that many Saints fans will be demanding refunds either.

Of course no one will, we're good c***s.

If anything comes out of this virus it'll be the need to connect with the younger generation better, because let's face it we do have a lot of old codgers in our support.

Just hope I'm not one of the casualties,  farewell brothers, f**k Dundee. 

On 09/03/2020 at 15:41, jamamafegan said:

Remember a whole 9 days ago when this seemed like big news.