Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

On 03/03/2020 at 06:08, The Woolshed said:

Without knowing facts it’s obviously tough to comment too much. But it is extremely frustrating that we’ve had Drey for 2 years, paid for (I assume) nearly a years worth of rehab in that time, wages throughout injury etc and the loyalty isn’t reciprocal. If he’s not been offered a deal worthy of signing or we were late to the party with offering then I’m happy to be wrong, but from a fans perspective it’s pretty galling.

There's f**k all loyalty in football, if he'd come back and been shite would you have offered him a contract? 

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

John Robertson's loan at Cove Rangers has been terminated by mutual consent and he's coming back to us. That's encouraging.

What are you thinking on this? Last bit clearly risks being read as sarcastic.

From what I can see he's played nearly 20 games but doesn't have much by way of goals or assists.

It seems unlikely that he's been brought back to play seeing as we have just shy of 37 wingers.

So have they punted him because he's not good enough, because he doesn't want to be there any more, or even just something neutral like that he'd train better here.

1 minute ago, FrankChickens1 said:

What are you thinking on this? Last bit clearly risks being read as sarcastic.

From what I can see he's played nearly 20 games but doesn't have much by way of goals or assists.

It seems unlikely that he's been brought back to play seeing as we have just shy of 37 wingers.

So have they punted him because he's not good enough, because he doesn't want to be there any more, or even just something neutral like that he'd train better here.

He can't play for us until the end of the season because he's coming back to us outside of a registration window, so him coming back suggests he's either down the pecking order, has a bad attitude or is injured. The Aberdeen express seems to be suggesting that's fallen down the pecking order after Cove signed Rory McAllister but I'm not sure it bodes well that they're happy to cut short a loan spell at the beginning of March during a run for the title. Unless Saints have been very kind, I'd imagine Cove will still be on the hook for whatever percentage of the wages they agreed to pay as well.

May have been the case saints asked to get him back since he’s probably 4th choice now with the purchase of McAllister. Either way he’s a young kid who actually got some game time and scored a few goals, so no real harm done. Suspect we’ll want him out at a League 1 team next year.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

He can't play for us until the end of the season because he's coming back to us outside of a registration window

Im maybe miles out, but I think all loans for U21 players now are "development loans", which make the player eligible for parent club reserve games etc., so he might be able to play for us.

Might be completely speaking out my arse though.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Im maybe miles out, but I think all loans for U21 players now are "development loans", which make the player eligible for parent club reserve games etc., so he might be able to play for us.

Might be completely speaking out my arse though.

Close. All loans, regardless of age, are what used to be called "development loans".

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Close. All loans, regardless of age, are what used to be called "development loans".

So he could play for us in what's remaining of this season?

15 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I'm fairly sure he can play in the reserves. @Skyline Drifter is always the man to ask with these.

If he's come back after the window closed then he can ONLY play in the Reserves for St Johnstone. Can't play 1st team. But he could play for the St Johnstone reserves before too, firstly because all loans allow that, and secondly because St Johnstone's reserves aren't in any league anyway and are already out of the Reserve Cup so all their games are friendlies anyway.

Bringing him back now makes no sense at all unless he's injured, causing problems at Cove or they are looking to send him back out on loan to a non League side instead (no window there so they can do that any time).

Sorry for asking just from the outside looking in I’ve always admired Tommy Wright but wanted to know how you guys have viewed his time at St Johnstone 

Best manager St Johnstone have ever had and he’s presided over part of our most successful ever spell as a club, so I doubt you’ll find any sane saints fans with a bad word to say against the man. He’d get a statue in his honour if we did that sort of thing!

4 minutes ago, diamond_for_life said:

Sorry for asking just from the outside looking in I’ve always admired Tommy Wright but wanted to know how you guys have viewed his time at St Johnstone 

Majority of Saint's fans love him and rightfully so. Even if the Scottish Cup win didn't happen, he's continued to give us a lot to be happy about since being at the club. Personally like his passion for what he does! 

Continues to prove doubters wrong. Bad runs, bottom of the league after 9 games this season. Gets a bit of stick for some of his signings but for every absolutely diddy hes signed, he's found a diamond. 

Smarter manager than he gets credit for as well. 

He also laughed off an approach from Dundee United when they sacked McNamara 😂 so that buys you kudos within support as well!

demigod

/ˈdɛmɪɡɒd/

Learn to pronounce

noun

a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank.

"some Roman emperors claimed descent from demigods such as Hercules"

a man who is greatly admired or respected.

"a former juvenile delinquent who would become a counterculture demigod"

A “Tommy out” brigade does exist but they are a tiny minority and complete morons because Tommy Wright is obviously the absolute boi