Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I didn't say that. If you read my post I said I didn't think we missed out on many season ticket sales that year. My point was that even if we had gained that many extra season ticket sales, we'd have lost them in the years following. In other words, what happened six years ago isn't worth regurgitating.
Ok. Misunderstood you original post. Apologies.

There was a few hundred people outside McDiarmid when the bus left with the trophy. 
"Sign up for our season ticket updates here"
Whether that's email or to be sent out a pack to take one out or whatever that would be up to the club and what was best for them. If they did it by email, it would cost them next to nothing. 
FYI: the only annoying fucking idiot is you. You've been a happy clapping greeting faced b*****d for days every time someone said something that suggested improvements could be made. "Stop slagging the club it was years ago [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]". 
You'd be the first person to say "things aren't so bad now, I remember when we were shit'. Guess what that was fucking years ago to but that excuse seems to be accepted by most. 
Suggesting improvements could be made would be fair enough. Banging on about what happened 6 years ago is not suggesting how improvements could be made though is it? It's not really productive or positive either is it?
When I was queuing for my Cup Final ticket, the queue was from the ticket office back past the end of the stand and it was fairly cold. I was queuing for just over an hour. If they had been asking people to fill in a form with name, address etc it would have been at least twice as long a wait. People might easily have got very unhappy with that. Maybe that's a reason they didn't ask people to do it. Maybe it's not. I don't really know and I don't really care.
As for me being a "happy clapper", don't really know. I'm quite happy with my lot as a Saints fan just now. The club has been doing great for the last ten years.
I don't think Steve Brown is perfect by any means, his last interview was unbelievably poor and it's not the first time he's fucked up in the media. But by and large he does a good job for Saints.
What happened 30 plus years ago is much more relevant than what happened with the lack of season ticket push 6 years ago, simply because it was much, much bigger and more important. Geoff saved the club then no question. If the likes of you and RandomGuy don't like hearing that, tough - it's a fact.

I've never said they should?
I said they shouldve taken details from everyone who bought tickets. And that they should've had season ticket packages handed out at the parade.
Please learn to read before slavering all over my posts pls.
Public forum. If you don't like people commenting on your posts then don't post.

48 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Hibs v ICT on BBC Scotland for anyone wanting to see Rooney v top flight opposition, fwiw.

It's not been great, fwiw. Based on this performance hes going to have improve, defensively, a lot to not be a liability for us early on.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Hes still better than Ralston and Duffy though, enough to work with imo.

Better than Duffy aye, I'd hesitate about Ralston though. Better going forward as hes a massive, pacey, unit, but defensively he looks like a second tier player.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:

Absolutele rubbish. Very little coming down his side. Like the last 2 ICT games I've seen

Hes been caught ball watching a few times. At the goal he let's a player run off him and get a free run at a cross from 6 yards, without even moving, as hes only concentrating on the ball.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Better than Duffy aye, I'd hesitate about Ralston though. Better going forward as hes a massive, pacey, unit, but defensively he looks like a second tier player.

Ralston is utter pish and also looks like a second tier player. He also thinks he can make it at Celtic, which makes him a complete no righter in my book. Rooney will fit in fine as a wing back in our swashbuckling side next season.

1 minute ago, perthsaint1977 said:

McCart was probably also looked upon a second tier player but has stepped up just fine

I'd never seen him before he joined.

I'm merely commenting that Rooney doesnt look great defensively. Physically he looks incredible.

Said it on the Cup thread, but if TW can do what he did with Fisher on Rooney, and make him a defender, he could turn into an incredible player due to his strength and pace, but we might have 5/6 months of him looking like a liability. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

I'd never seen him before he joined.
I'm merely commenting that Rooney doesnt look great defensively. Physically he looks incredible.
Said it on the Cup thread, but if TW can do what he did with Fisher on Rooney, and make him a defender, he could turn into an incredible player due to his strength and pace, but we might have 5/6 months of him looking like a liability. 
Duffy was a liability due to zero games at anything other than reserve and youth football.
Rooney will have approx 200 senior games under his belt by the time the season ends and will be still in his early 20s (23yo).

Looking at his career he has steadily moved from Queens park ( part time football) to current level where he is getting good reviews week in week out.

To state he will be poor defensively is a tad silly. He has been a near ever present in a team that has only lost 27 goals in 23 games.

I'm pretty confident he will be just fine and be better than both Ralston and Duffy and probably more like a younger version of Richard Foster

3 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
3 hours ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:
Talking of Duffy. 
Unless we're going back to a back 3. He's likely to play Sunday... emoji51.png

Be shocked if we are not 3 at the back with booth and weight as wing backs

Agreed I would prefer Booth on the left but it will probably be Tanser.