Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Search his name on Twitter.
Full of Ross County fans who hate him because he celebrated a goal in front of them and regularly spent his time trying to wind them up, and stories about how he swung at Brian Graham and then head butted him.
Love him already [emoji7]

It’s a bit weirder than that. He celebrates throw ins as if he’s won the champions league. I’m all for players giving it back to the fans, so I think it’s great, but it’s also really weird. As we all know, football fans generally are spectacularly precious in such situations, and County fans are no different. He also reacts to the fans as much as he gives it out, which is why such a nondescript player has such a high profile reputation. He has a touch of the Gavin Gunnings about him. Tremendous entertainment if nothing else.

Brian Graham fairly thumped him though. That was funny.

I've never witnessed a bigger "head's gone" than his sending off in Dingwall. Got skelped by Brian Graham after wading in and trying to be the hard man, then had to be hauled off the pitch by his teammates when he was sent-off.

But, aye, he sure got us wiggo.png

16 minutes ago, yoda said:

I've never witnessed a bigger "head's gone" than his sending off in Dingwall. Got skelped by Brian Graham after wading in and trying to be the hard man, then had to be hauled off the pitch by his teammates when he was sent-off.

We seem to have a thing for mental right backs.

I'd wager Richard Foster swinging at Danny Swanson, missing and falling over... only to be kicked right in the coupon by the chubby baller at half time at New Douglas Park was a bigger heads gone. 

I'm going to see if I can hunt down this one though as it sounds pretty funny.

20 minutes ago, yoda said:

_104162055_18088447.jpg.95a2de85e748633f78d06ca4af2b28f4.jpg

Nice bonnet m8.

Found highlights on the incident leading up to the stramash - Brian Graham thinking he's superfly Jimmy Snuka right into the face of Coll Donaldson - but unfortunately Caley TV doesn't show the aftermath. Disappointed.

Bored at work and was looking at some stats.

-Saints this season have the second lowest average squad age in the league.

- Have yet to lose a game this season when we score first (7 wins, 4 draws)

- Have the fourth most points gained after conceding the first goal (11 points rescued)

- Have the second longest run of clean sheets in a row this season (4) only surpassed by Celtic.

- Tommy Wright has made the 3 best subs this season based on points/goals reached from the bench.

We apparently also have the second highest appearances in the Premiership per player in the squad. Quite remarkable given it’s the second youngest. I know we were all for being negative at the start of the season, but it really does look like we’re building something for the future and next season fingers crossed will yield a goal scoring partnership of May and Hendry with super Ali driving the midfield and a back line who’ve all played together for half a season if not longer now.

#HappyMondays

59 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We seem to have a thing for mental right backs.

I'd wager Richard Foster swinging at Danny Swanson, missing and falling over... only to be kicked right in the coupon by the chubby baller at half time at New Douglas Park was a bigger heads gone. 

I'm going to see if I can hunt down this one though as it sounds pretty funny.

Thats another fond memory.   

Think Ralston is in that category too except it is all bottled up.... looks like he is about to explode constantly

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Bored at work and was looking at some stats.

-Saints this season have the second lowest average squad age in the league.

- Have yet to lose a game this season when we score first (7 wins, 4 draws)

- Have the fourth most points gained after conceding the first goal (11 points rescued)

- Have the second longest run of clean sheets in a row this season (4) only surpassed by Celtic.

- Tommy Wright has made the 3 best subs this season based on points/goals reached from the bench.

We apparently also have the second highest appearances in the Premiership per player in the squad. Quite remarkable given it’s the second youngest. I know we were all for being negative at the start of the season, but it really does look like we’re building something for the future and next season fingers crossed will yield a goal scoring partnership of May and Hendry with super Ali driving the midfield and a back line who’ve all played together for half a season if not longer now.

#HappyMondays

Good stats.  Here's another one I'm pretty sure is right.. 

St Johnstone have not lost a match in which Callum Hendry has scored.  < noHENDRYnoPARTY >

7 wins, 3 draws, 0 defeats.

8 league matches, 2 cup ties. 10 goals in total.

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Aw come on you've got to share the comments from them 😂😂😂

Just go on their forums. 

Majority seem to think we're about to enter administration and they can sign our players for nothing, seems a common held view amongst most other fanbases tbf, who seem to be reading the headline and nothing else.

Steve Browns a fanny.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just go on their forums. 

This is annoying me now. I just brush off the jibes about three stands going to the Old Firm and other things associated with us not being the biggest club but for our own chairman to bring this to our door? It's infuriating. 

14 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Oh boy. Just visited kickback to gain some insight into our financial woes. They'll have buckets out soon, bless em.

7 minutes ago, Radford said:

This is annoying me now. I just brush off the jibes about three stands going to the Old Firm and other things associated with us not being the biggest club but for our own chairman to bring this to our door? It's infuriating. 

Aberdeen and Hibs fans also believe Saints are on the brink of going bust, and are widely speculating, and spreading, stories there will be a fire sale of players in the Summer.

Lets hope that social media doesnt have such a reach that teams looking at our young sellable players hear that we're in financial difficulties and bid accordingly...

Edited by RandomGuy.

It just shows how little other fans know about other clubs. The fact there’s fans out there who believe that this is anything other than us having a couple of players on a wage which puts us slightly over the budget we set aside for the position we are in is funny. So we’re going to have to lose a few players next season, ok, well we’ve been without McMillan, Callachan and Swanson all season, there’s the budget saved. [emoji23] This chairman malarkey is easy isn’t it.

Brown is a walking PR disaster though, we really need an Alan Burrows or someone of that ilk to put a positive spin on all things saints.

If (and I know we aren’t) we were in any kind of financial trouble we have a hugely sellable asset in Ali McCann. I genuinely believe we should be looking at least £1,000,000 for him and that’s the absolute minimum. That would be enough to wipe out 3 seasons of losses in a row would it not? Squad is beginning to take shape for next year so let’s try finish as high up the league as we can to maximise whatever budget we have for next year.

If (and I know we aren’t) we were in any kind of financial trouble we have a hugely sellable asset in Ali McCann. I genuinely believe we should be looking at least £1,000,000 for him and that’s the absolute minimum. That would be enough to wipe out 3 seasons of losses in a row would it not? Squad is beginning to take shape for next year so let’s try finish as high up the league as we can to maximise whatever budget we have for next year.

Think if we were in any real trouble, you’re right we’d simply sell off McCann, possibly Hendry in current form, probably Kerr as well. It’s not like we’ve not got sellable assets. This is totally being blown out of proportion though, it’s Brown being Brown and bringing his doom telling. Then again Wright is guilty of it as well, telling the press only the negatives, difference being Wright has a lot of credit in the bank with the fans.