Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Why? Thought you weren't going back to McDiarmid?

Chances are I won’t be going but I’ll consider breaking my OF boycott if ticket prices are appropriate and Celtic aren’t given 3 stands.

The only thing that’s made me interested in attending is that it’s a cup tie and Celtic have a match on the Thursday, potentially suffering from a European hangover.

The odds are stacked against me but if the club said for example “20 quid adult tickets and Saints fans given two stands” then it would shoddy of me not to attend after how much I complain about this issue.

We shall see.

13 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Chances are I won’t be going but I’ll consider breaking my OF boycott if ticket prices are appropriate and Celtic aren’t given 3 stands.

The only thing that’s made me interested in attending is that it’s a cup tie and Celtic have a match on the Thursday, potentially suffering from a European hangover.

The odds are stacked against me but if the club said for example “20 quid adult tickets and Saints fans given two stands” then it would shoddy of me not to attend after how much I complain about this issue.

We shall see.

They're getting 3 stands.

Guys you go to watch St Johnstone play football, it shouldn't matter one f**k how many stands they get. Go and support your team.

Unless you're one of these "football experience" types, you can f**k off and watch Norwich v Bournemouth and the likes you c***s.

Edited by tree house tam
Stupid phone

I'm with Tam on this one (although the club should do what it can to make the matchday better for punters, why would they not do that?).

I also can't get my head around the argument of "the club have increased away allocation because home fans aren't turning up, I'll therefore not turn up to express my disapproval". 

EDIT: for the avoidance of any doubt and allegations of hypocricy I will admit I don't and won't take my child to an OF game, thus depriving Saints of a supporter. 

Edited by Valentino Bolognese

We shall see.
Oh well. Won't see you there then.

For all the chat of our poor home support, it is fairly loyal.  Our average crowd this season so far, where we've spent most of it in and around the relegation spots,  is similar to some seasons where we finished 3rd and 4th.

Where we finished in brackets;

2008-09 - 3502.  (First Division, 1st/10. Champions)

2009-10 - 4717. (Prem 8th/12)

2010-11 - 3841. (Prem 8th/12)

2011-12 - 4169. (Prem 6th/12, qualified for europa league)

2012-13 - 3921. (Prem 3rd/12, qualified for europa league)

2013-14 - 3806. (Prem 6th/12, Scottish Cup Winners, qualified for europa league)

2014-15 - 4592. (Prem 4th/12, qualified for europa league)

2015-16 - 3879. (Prem 4th/12)

2016-17 - 4392. (Prem 4th/12, qualified for europa league)

2017-18 - 3809 (Prem 8th/12)

2018-19 - 3891 (Prem 7th/12)

2019-20 - 3869 (after 14 league matches)

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

For all the chat of our poor home support, it is fairly loyal.  Our average crowd this season so far, where we've spent most of it in and around the relegation spots,  is similar to some seasons where we finished 3rd and 4th.

I had mentioned something similar with us, possibly even in this thread where our average crowd (in seasons with comparable make up of the league ie: with a version of Rangers in it). hadn't really fluctuated much irrespective of league positions.

2006/07 - 5,877 (10th)
2007/08 - 6,599 (3rd)
2008/09 - 5,351 (7th)
2009/10 - 5,307 (5th)
2010/11 - 5,660 (6th)
2011/12 - 5,946 (3rd)
2016/17 - 4,450 (9th)
2017/18 - 5,448 (7th)
2018/19 - 5,448 (8th)
2019/20* - 5,907 (TBC - currently 4th) - * Celtic & Rangers allocations reduced this season

I had always found it peculiar that our average in the Malpas season was roughly comparable with McCall's 3rd place season (his 2x 2nd places were obviously after Rangers had gone out of business).

The 16/17 season was the one after Rangers had been promoted and Thistle and ourselves had a quirk in the fixtures with Celtic and Rangers which could explain the dip in that season, along with us being absolutely mince - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36564025

Edited by capt_oats

Felt like a Cup game was the perfect chance to experiment with reducing their allocation to see what effect it would have on the crowd, seeing as we're experimenting with increasing it. Cup games seem to weed out Saints fans who wouldnt go to similar league games.

Cant complain too much as it's understandable from a business decision to do it, we could end up earning more than £500k extra this season from the home games against the OF, than we wouldve last season (when they got 2.5 stands, the 0.5 extra seems to be folks breaking point...), when you add it all up.

Cant complain too much as it's understandable from a business decision to do it, we could end up earning more than £500k extra this season from the home games against the OF, than we wouldve last season (when they got 2.5 stands, the 0.5 extra seems to be folks breaking point...), when you add it all up.

[emoji38]

f**k me.

4 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

emoji38.png

f**k me.

Yes. You continue to stay away because you cant have some mulled wine in the car park before the game, and continue mocking anyone who understands why Saints, who are losing almost £1m a year just now, are desperate to get more income in (HINT: IF STAY AWAY FANS TURNED UP EVERY WEEK, THIS WOULDNT BE A DISCUSSION).

I'm sure it makes you feel better to take some moral high ground and just flat out ignore the fact you're part of the reason this is happening.