Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

Stevie May has now outscored all out strikers from last season.

Ali McCann has now scored  the same amount of goals this season as Matty Kennedy, Kennedy has one more assist.

Mind that time Scotland rejected Ali McCann and let him switch to NI, so they could select and play a boy who couldn't get a game for Ross County?

16 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

Good work Statto..You the man 

We're now no longer the lowest scorers in the league.

In the last 4 home games, St Johnstone fans have celebrated more goals (8), than in the previous 9 home games combined. 

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I’m not one for stats but I found that game exceptionally entertaining. More high press, quick passing and 2014 Stevie May, please. 

And Ali McCann. As much of him as possible, thanks. 

Think 4-4-2 is the way to ho now?

Clark, Ralston, Booth, McCann, Wotherspoon and May the mainstays.

I sincerely hope McCann is still here this time next year but if he continues the way he’s going he’ll be gone early in the summer. If he does go it should be for a boat load of cash. Motherwell just got £1.5m for James Scott. McCann has scored the same number of goals from a similar number of games that Scott, a forward, did, as well as absolutely running the show against vastly more experienced players in several games. It’s easy to forget he’s only just turned 20. We should be beating our biggest fee if we do sell him in the summer.

Just now, perthsaint1977 said:
1 minute ago, Kyle said:
Next seasons team btw. 

Clark
Rooney Kerr Gordon/McCart Tanser 
MOH McCann ? Wotherspoon
May Hendry

#forwardplanning

I'd sign booth now on another year extension. Can play a couple of positions, is a better defender than tanser and won't break the bank.

Agreed. Davidson and Craig too IMO. We have so many, young talented players that we could probably use their experience in the squad, even if they are not playing every week. Thought Craig was excellent today after initially worrying he’d struggle in the midfield 4. 

Everyone happy with Jamie McCart? Thought he slotted in very well and was a constant threat in the opposition box at set pieces

I thought he was very very good and hopefully, as that was his first full game, he can only get better

4 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

Everyone happy with Jamie McCart? Thought he slotted in very well and was a constant threat in the opposition box at set pieces

Yes. Considering that was his first start for us, and against a very decent Heart strike force, I thought he did well. We finally have 3 centre backs we can rely on.  

Agreed. Davidson and Craig too IMO. We have so many, young talented players that we could probably use their experience in the squad, even if they are not playing every week. Thought Craig was excellent today after initially worrying he’d struggle in the midfield 4. 
Craig for me will be our next manager. Still plenty life left in him as a player too and is an upgrade on Holt who has been really disappointing. Can't see him or Murray going anywhere.

I admit I had the same fears about Craig in a midfield 2, but fair play he stuck to his task and sat deep spraying balls in behind and was very good. Albeit he may have been made to look very good by the imperious McCann.

He’s got everything in his locker. Stamina, strength, aerial ability, tackling, passing, shooting, technique, drive, intelligence. Unreal that he’s only 20 years old and I only hope his next move (and there will be a big one) is to a team outwith Scotland and one where he’ll be able to showcase exactly what the national team in this country is missing out on!