Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They did, in their first seasons in that division as first choice strikers. 

Kane was 10 minutes per goal worse.

You just gonna ignore the rest of the post aye? 

2 hours ago, The Marly said:

Random probably knows very little about Nisbet. But you clearly know even less about Random emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Very fair. 

Yeah... Its a bit sad I noticed that imperfection in your list [emoji41]

Pretty sure Spoony is now 30 as well if we’re nitpicking. Of course Kyle has an out by saying it’s the ages at the start of the season....

So here's a question for Saints fans, particularly those who got a little bit upset about being moved out of the East Stand. Interesting to know how bothered people really are about this Old firm ticket thing. 

You've two choices, Sell Ali McCann for lets say, £750,000 but that means we dont need to give the old Firm the 3 stands next season or keep him and risk losing him for less later but continue to give the Old Firm the 3 stands? 

Of course its on the premise we stay up etc. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Yeah... Its a bit sad I noticed that imperfection in your list 😎

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

Pretty sure Spoony is now 30 as well if we’re nitpicking. Of course Kyle has an out by saying it’s the ages at the start of the season....

This is exactly the out. I think most players will be off by a year now because I put the list together before the start of the season and haven't looked at the ages since. I've been thinking about removing them but my boss keeps looking up whenever I go into my squad list word document. :lol: 

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

So here's a question for Saints fans, particularly those who got a little bit upset about being moved out of the East Stand. Interesting to know how bothered people really are about this Old firm ticket thing. 

You've two choices, Sell Ali McCann for lets say, £750,000 but that means we dont need to give the old Firm the 3 stands next season or keep him and risk losing him for less later but continue to give the Old Firm the 3 stands? 

TBH I would rather have a quality player for longer than cash in just for the purpose of having a bit more room to stretch out as we get get roundly fucked by the OF at home regardless

1 hour ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Option (b), no brainer. 

Unless we're looking at a top 2 or 3 finish or win the cup again and properly capitalise, we'll never again see the size of crowds against the old firm that mean we need both the big stands.  The problem is as much (probably more) them than us, and there's not a lot we can do about it. 

The world has change so we need to adapt. Try to generate a really successful team, work on the matchday experience and marketing the club, that's where the money would be better spent. Ideally in a few years time we give ourselves a decision to make about whether we reduce the allocation again. 

As the esteemed Mr Positive has alluded to, Shaun Rooney has apparently signed a pre contract with us. 

We’re also signing Lasse Sorensen - a 6’1 Danish midfielder - on loan from stoke and are after a striker. 

all of that is being reported by the rarely wrong Scott Burns  

#Dece

Edited by Kyle

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

As the esteemed Mr Positive has alluded to, Shaun Rooney has apparently signed a pre contract with us. 

We’re also signing Lasse Sorensen - a 6’1 Danish midfielder - on loan from stoke and are after a striker. 

#Dece

You're definitely getting a LIKE for that flattery 😜

Also worth noting. He turned down Dundee as he wanted to play in the PREMIERSHIP. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

38 minutes ago, Kyle said:

#Dece

2 options for striker I'm told.

46 minutes ago, Kyle said:

#Dece

After a good signing in McCart, this is also positive.  Rooney pops up with the odd goal and has got a bit of height to help in the box.  I guess Sorenson will be a back up for Murray