Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Surprised by Hearts result today, however the bottom line is tonight they are still 6 points behind us.

Important next Saturday to get a result against them.

I'm more interested in Hamilton tbh, I think by the end of February it'll be them who sit 12th.

I'd be half confident of surviving a play off.

There is only one station in Ayr, there is Newton on Ayr that is the one for the football but not every train from Glasgow stops there.

For cars the Craigie car park is easiest 5 minutes from the ground and free  just buses that can’t get in due to a barrier although the police might get it open for the football.

Coming in to Ayr Via A77 from the bypass take football signs, go straight through past tesco on the left next set of lights turn left and on your right hand side, also easy for you to get back on to bypass.

2 minutes ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

With that many tickets available it looks like we didn't send them very many tickets 😂

Also... BIG GAME!!!

Screenshot_20200126_175737.jpg

Imagine there'll be a huge uptake in those seats over the next few days.

Nothing better than momentum to get fans onside.

That Hearts win could he a triple blow when you think about it. 1, they pull 3 pts closer. 2, gives even more incentive to Celtic to beat us on wed to pile the pressure on Rangers. 3, more pressure on Rangers to win their game in hand against us. 

Who knows maybe it will all work in our favour, still a bad sign for the bottom six if Hearts get their house in order though. Funny that £150k can buy you safety if it goes on the right player. Brown et al take note.

Edited by Broon_100

I think all it does is bring Hearts closer and give them a bit of momentum. I don't think it makes any difference to the Rangers or Celtic games against us. Rangers play County on Wednesday so if anything they'll need to bounce back right away.

Everyone expects thats Hearts now on their way now the first win is under their belts. Their support and all the media will be confident they'll rock up and take a routine win next Saturday, but I fancy us to beat them, and it's going to be a huge boot in the baws to their momentum losing to a fellow bottom six side and be a big blow to their confidence.  I'm sure we'll put up much more of a fight than rangers did today, who looked beaten as soon as they fell behind.

Even If hearts start to climb the league as everyone expects, there's still enough struggling clubs this year for us to finish above; Accies, st Mirren, Ross County, kilmarnock.

On 25/01/2020 at 19:23, TommyDickFingers said:

McInnes is a snake.  It sounds as if he's been tapping up Kennedy for much of the time he's been here.

He went out of his way to shaft us half way through a vital season, the club who gave him his big opportunity in life.

And look at Kennedy cavorting and laughing with his new friends at training as if he's enjoying himself.

dead to me GIF

Frustrating that we have the Celtic game midweek with what is probably our biggest game of the season to date just 3 days later. If we had a squad of 21 it would be a no brainer to rest some in advance but unfortunately we don’t have that luxury. Damage limitation 3-0 defeat wed followed by a 1-0 graft win on sat would be ideal.

McInnes is a snake.  It sounds as if he's been tapping up Kennedy for much of the time he's been here.
He went out of his way to shaft us half way through a vital season, the club who gave him his big opportunity in life.
And look at Kennedy cavorting and laughing with his new friends at training as if he's enjoying himself.

200.gif&key=225cdf63550163c5b430bf70af2ad4c46ef2ddaf6586aa1a95d60cd03b4675a7

Lol

Drey Wright has a "hamstring injury" he picked up in the first half of the game on Saturday there.

Will definitely rule him out against Celtic but Courier article doesnt expand on how much longer he'll be out.

I’d definitely take Watt back, I think he’d be pretty good foil if played with May given his ability to hold onto the ball. However he’s very, very similar in style to Callum Hendry and given ones ability to score and the other who doesn’t I’d rather play what we have. Hendry has never gotten the chance to play a full game with a partner nor has he had the chance to play when he’s scored goals.

I’d say if we’re playing one up front Tony Watt would be far better than anyone we’ve got, but for the wage to output it’s probably not worth it. There’s more pressing areas for strengthening.