Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Interesting that TW mentions another CM being targeted in his interview too. If we're staying with the 3-5-2, our squad depth is...

Goalkeepers - Clark, Parish Johnstone

Centre backs - Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Booth, Duffy, Vihmann

Wing backs - Tanser, Ralston, Wright, Booth, Duffy

Central midfielders - Davidson, McCann, Holt, Wotherspoon, Craig, NEW CM

Strikers - May, Kane, Hendry, O'Halloran 

Swanson the odd man out really.

Suppose dependent on how you feel you could one up top and have a Wright/Swanson in a sort of free role behind the striker, but dont think any striker would fit that role. 

I would put MOH along side Swanson. He is not a striker. Just look at the chances he is missing. 

Interesting that TW mentions another CM being targeted in his interview too. If we're staying with the 3-5-2, our squad depth is...
Suppose dependent on how you feel you could one up top and have a Wright/Swanson in a sort of free role behind the striker, but dont think any striker would fit that role. 
Has McCart signed?

2 hours ago, The Marly said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Has McCart signed?

Precontract signed.

TW quoted yesterday saying he hopes it'll be agreed next week for him to come in straight away though. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

Hi guys just a wee heads up for the cup tie at Ayr on 8th Feb, here at Hawkhill Bowling Club which is next to the ground we have been dealing with Be Worley your club liaison officer and two buses booked in and that’s us full. For any other buses Craigie/ Peter Boyle/ and Northfields are all within ten minutes of the ground and there numbers should be on the website.

Please  ensure you get your tickets online,  or when you arrive at the ground as there will be massive queues going by what we have seen at recent games.

No tv and going by form there should be a good interest in the game, think it will be close but we’ll have to bring our top game to get a result all the best anyway and hope this info helps you

5 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Hi guys just a wee heads up for the cup tie at Ayr on 8th Feb, here at Hawkhill Bowling Club which is next to the ground we have been dealing with Be Worley your club liaison officer and two buses booked in and that’s us full. For any other buses Craigie/ Peter Boyle/ and Northfields are all within ten minutes of the ground and there numbers should be on the website.

Please  ensure you get your tickets online,  or when you arrive at the ground as there will be massive queues going by what we have seen at recent games.

No tv and going by form there should be a good interest in the game, think it will be close but we’ll have to bring our top game to get a result all the best anyway and hope this info helps you

Where would be best to park if driving through?

As many thought might be the case, we're probably going to have to keep two non-hearts teams below us to stay safe. They look like they'll start to climb the table now after a big win today.

The good thing is with a bit of an upturn they should bring more than a man and his dug of an away support that we've become accustomed to over the past few seasons. A couple of thousand at least, with 7000 **** on Wednesday, surely that's going to put some funds in the transfer chest!

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

As many thought might be the case, we're probably going to have to keep two non-hearts teams below us to stay safe. They look like they'll start to climb the table now after a big win today.

I suggested hearts would be better and it was rubbished from RandomGuy

1 minute ago, PauloPerth said:

I think, barring disaster, we should be able to maintain a 5 point gap over Hamilton. 

Who knows after that though, St Mirren are just like old age Hamilton and can scrap points out of nothing. County and Killie both look fucking rotten but seem to get points aswell.

Just now, Dick Van Dyke said:

I suggested hearts would be better and it was rubbished from RandomGuy

Had they signed anyone at that point?

I've been clear since they signed Boyce that I expect them to stay up, hes the best striker in the bottom half by a distance.

4 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

The good thing is with a bit of an upturn they should bring more than a man and his dug of an away support that we've become accustomed to over the past few seasons. A couple of thousand at least, with 7000 **** on Wednesday, surely that's going to put some funds in the transfer chest!

Let's put the prices up for Hearts, kerrching. 

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Had they signed anyone at that point?

I've been clear since they signed Boyce that I expect them to stay up, hes the best striker in the bottom half by a distance.

No they hadn’t. my suggestion was they throw money at it, which by paying a fee and decent wages to Boyce they have. You said if they were going to do that they already would have 

2 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

No they hadn’t. my suggestion was they throw money at it, which by paying a fee and decent wages to Boyce they have. You said if they were going to do that they already would have 

Well I guess I was wrong then.