Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

13 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Why is it the managers job to shift the deadwood?

What I was thinking.  If he gives names for potential signings  then surely it is the same in the opposite direction, then  it's the club who tries to offer them on?

1 minute ago, saint pogo said:

What I was thinking.  If he gives names for potential signings  then surely it is the same in the opposite direction, then  it's the club who tries to offer them on?

No wonder there's not much getting done if he has to identify and the sign the players along with trying to get the dross out the door! Surely he lets the player know his time is up, informs the agent and lets him know how much they're looking for/if it's a free etc.

Kirsten Robertson has played a blinder here. Tells Tommy we can get money for Kennedy selling him now so we're doing it, Manager points out it means there's a risk of relegation. She tells him we'll be fine, he'll produce the goods again so get on with it.

So Tommy is in this bizarre paradox* where if he keeps us up Kirsten Robertson will be proved right.  She'll be in the papers saying she was right all along, she got us money for Kennedy and knew we would stay up and her job involves tough decisions but that's what she's paid for and she's just delighted that she single handedly saved the club.  If we go down then Wright has that on his record.

I don't care if there's no factual accuracy in this. She is now the root cause of everything that goes wrong at Saints from now til the end of the season and my personal hate figure. 

Take us down Tommy, that'll fucking teach her.

* might not be one, I just liked how it sounded.

Serious question here, it may sound a bit sexist and I may rightfully get a bit of stick*, but..

Has anyone on here had a woman as a boss that was actually good at her job? 

My answer to this question is no, that's why I'm asking.

* you can try but I'd remind you I don't give a flying f**k.

15 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Serious question here, it may sound a bit sexist and I may rightfully get a bit of stick*, but..

My two immediate bosses are women and they are excellent.

Oh boy..

Boy did we need that. 

We need to enjoy Ali MCCann while we can. The class act on the pitch today, stood out a mile. That tackle, piece of skill to keep the ball in and then the composure to send May away down the left wing today was a joy to behold.