Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Reads like a man ready to pack it in.

Irony is he never sees that the reason we’re in this position is he’s completely blown the budget on busted flushes. Yes we have a small squad but it’s a well paid one for a club our size and we’ve pushed the boat out a lot over the last few years to get him players he’s wanted. 

No doubt the flood gates will open now in terms of signings but that interview is last days of Rome stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Irony is he never sees that the reason we’re in this position is he’s completely blown the budget on busted flushes. Yes we have a small squad but it’s a well paid one for a club our size and we’ve pushed the boat out a lot over the last few years to get him players he’s wanted. 

No doubt the flood gates will open now in terms of signings but that interview is last days of Rome stuff. 

Makes you wonder whether hes forced to overpay for players he trusts because theres zero alternatives given to him...

Just now, Fife Saint said:

Tommy coming out swinging.

Clear disharmony in the building with the wee wifey from Killie upsetting our lord and Saviour Sir Thomas by not sanctioning further budget.

To me it sounds like Kennedy was sold against his wishes.

As in, club asked him his opinion on what to do, he told them it would be best to keep him, then he got sold anyway. But that's just an opinion and based on nothing more.

18 outfield players, and no signings allowed.

Let that sink in.

Just now, Bose said:

In any normal job he would be disciplined for that. I can I see a “by mutual consent” coming shortly.

Let's hope not.

To me it sounds like Kennedy was sold against his wishes.
As in, club asked him his opinion on what to do, he told them it would be best to keep him, then he got sold anyway. But that's just an opinion and based on nothing more.
18 outfield players, and no signings allowed.
Let that sink in.
We simply don't know. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some acceptance that Kennedy wouldn't be fully committed and it may have been the best of a bad bunch of outcomes. Maybe Tommy wasnt included in that conclusion..

There is a lot made of the manager's recent signing record but how much of that comes back to the club? Are they delivering the players he really wants?

Folk can talk about players being well paid but our budget is still in the sort of range where the manager has to take a punt on folk (e.g. he can't go and sign someone that will guarantee him 15 goals because they've proven they can do it) so of course not every signing is going to work out. It doesn't for top managers at big clubs with millions to spend, so it isn't going to for a manager that hasn't been sanctioned to spend a few once in 7 years in charge. 

He's said today we've missed out on a lot of players but what it turns out (from his quotes) that means is we haven't even made offers to his targets. That's why he's talking about pulling rabbits out of the hat as he's being expected to come up with names when the guys he wanted have all been signed by clubs quicker off the mark. 

That's assuming the manager is painting an accurate picture of how things are going down. Whatever the truth though, it's not great, is it? 

Can see him leaving soon, the last thing he'll want is a relegation on his CV if he thinks that's what it might end up as.

The good news is this season you just need to avoid finishing bottom, the teams in the championship play off places are gash.

There is a lot made of the manager's recent signing record but how much of that comes back to the club? Are they delivering the players he really wants?
Folk can talk about players being well paid but our budget is still in the sort of range where the manager has to take a punt on folk (e.g. he can't go and sign someone that will guarantee him 15 goals because they've proven they can do it) so of course not every signing is going to work out. It doesn't for top managers at big clubs with millions to spend, so it isn't going to for a manager that hasn't been sanctioned to spend a few once in 7 years in charge. 
He's said today we've missed out on a lot of players but what it turns out (from his quotes) that means is we haven't even made offers to his targets. That's why he's talking about pulling rabbits out of the hat as he's being expected to come up with names when the guys he wanted have all been signed by clubs quicker off the mark. 
That's assuming the manager is painting an accurate picture of how things are going down. Whatever the truth though, it's not great, is it? 
No, it feels like a material shift in a relationship with the new Chief Exec (?) lady acting as a buffer between Tommy and ownership/ultimate decision makers. I dont see this ending well.

7 minutes ago, Bose said:

Something will have to give. No way that atmosphere can continue. It will affect players who are already struggling.

If TW walks before the end of the season we'll be relegated. To me it's that simple.

They can discuss his future in the Summer.

6 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

We simply don't know. I'd be surprised if there wasn't some acceptance that Kennedy wouldn't be fully committed and it may have been the best of a bad bunch of outcomes. Maybe Tommy wasnt included in that conclusion..

That's how I read his quotes tbh.

This...

Screenshot_20200124-230710_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ad632131caff3fbd133a61eed63e03d9.jpg

... easily reads as him venting after being ignored and losing Kennedy, in my mind.

Just now, Hendo said:

Can see him leaving soon, the last thing he'll want is a relegation on his CV if he thinks that's what it might end up as.

The good news is this season you just need to avoid finishing bottom, the teams in the championship play off places are gash.

Thank goodness for St Mirren 😎

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1100966/matty-kennedy-pleads-with-tommy-wright-to-let-him-keep-playing-for-st-johnstone/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

and here’s Matty Kennedy’s take. He was happy to see out his contract and Wright making it clear he wanted him to stay.

not a great day. 

1 minute ago, glenrothes 1884 saint said:

Thank goodness for St Mirren 😎

I think even with our captain and vice captain injured, we should still have enough to avoid bottom. Unless we lose Hladky in a Kenny McLean style on the last day of the window.  Then, we're fecked.

That's how I read his quotes tbh.
This...
Screenshot_20200124-230710_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ad632131caff3fbd133a61eed63e03d9.jpg
... easily reads as him venting after being ignored and losing Kennedy, in my mind.
Possibly, I see it more of a recruitment angle. He feels he has been marginalised and told to focus on the players on the books while another person does recruitment and considers strategy behind it.

The new lady will be more fiscally aware you would imagine, perhaps even mandated, which Tommy previously might have seen him had a little more influence on the decision maker ie. Broon.