Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

I wouldn't have let Kennedy go as I don't think we'll bring in anyone that will offer more to the team. Pretty clear cut for me. 

On the overall transfer situation, the next week will be full of white noise but all that matters is where we are this time next week. 

That's not to excuse what has happened to date - we should have had players in before Morton - but getting wound up by quotes from the manager or stories from journalists isn't worth it. I can see (and know) folk are upset/frustrated but it won't change anything. 

What the situation is a week today will be interesting though and tell us an awful lot. 

When you read that Aberdeen were wanting Kennedy in this window and that both parties were keen for it to happen the "Two parties" were obviously Aberdern and Kennedy not Aberdeen and Saints.If he was pushing for the move its probably better that he's gone and whilst 70K is disappointing it's far better than taking one of their fringe players in exchange.With Callachan and Kennedy gone and Vihmann in tbe departure lounge I would assume that Swanson would come on from the cold and a defender and forward will come it.I reckon we will use some of the money to try to get McCart In early and I would love to see Macca back on loan for the rest of the season.

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

22 minutes ago, Bose said:

I personally think it’s Kennedy that’s fucked Saints in the arse

Scott Burns is saying he didnt force through the move.

6 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Tommy must’ve had no idea Kennedy was leaving after what he said in his interview 

I think he's always known. 

The fact he was left out on Saturday. Followed by the fact he didn't bring him on midweek in a game we were needing some inspiration. The actions from Tommy speak louder than the word which often totally contradict what he actually does. 

7 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Folk thinking Macca will be the saviour are fucking deluded.

McCart will come in, possibly one other permanent and maybe a loan at a push, depending on how bulletproof is feeling. 

In have not read one comment about him being a saviour.But given the fact tbat he has worked we with May before and is popular at tbe club it would be far from our worst option 

Edited by Lang Toon Saintee

14 minutes ago, Radford said:

I wouldn't have let Kennedy go as I don't think we'll bring in anyone that will offer more to the team. Pretty clear cut for me. 

Reminds me of the horrific Tommy Craig/Gary Teale relegation  season, when we sold Kenny McLean to Aberdeen during the January window.

Edited by FTOF

Absolute no to MacLean. He was about done when he left us, so getting him back at 37, presumably on an 18 month deal, is just stupid. Absolutely nothing to suggest he'll make up the gaping hole Kennedy has left.

17 minutes ago, Dick Van Dyke said:

Tommy must’ve had no idea Kennedy was leaving after what he said in his interview 

I think he'd probably not long known it was now done and his frustration was coming out.

Regardless, it isnt what he should be doing. It brings absolute misery to many of the support, a day before an important home game, and makes the club look as unprofessional as possible.

If it is just muscle flexing to try and get Brown/Robertson moving then I dont see that as any form of positive, no matter how you look at it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolute no to MacLean. He was about done when he left us, so getting him back at 37, presumably on an 18 month deal, is just stupid. Absolutely nothing to suggest he'll make up the gaping hole Kennedy has 

What a bizarre post.why on earth are you going on about a long term permanent signing when the suggestion was for a short term loan deal until the end of the season.And as for being a replacement for Kennedy only an idiot would think that

14 minutes ago, Lang Toon Saintee said:

What a bizarre post.why on earth are you going on about a long term permanent signing when the suggestion was for a short term loan deal until the end of the season.And as for being a replacement for Kennedy only an idiot would think that

Fair enough with the first point.

On the second, he wouldnt be a direct replacement no, but we're now down a 2nd highest goalscorer/highest assister, someone has to fill those gaps.

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Only an idiot would think Maclean would be good option.

We apparently failed to sign Brian Graham in this window already, so...

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fair enough with the first point.

On the second, he wouldnt be a direct replacement no, but we're now down a 2nd highest goalscorer/highest assister, someone has to fill those gaps.

Macca is  a  is player who plays through the middle halds the ball up and creates chances for others around  him.We desperately need a player like that.