Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Our issue could how many of those players will want to stay.

Rebuilding an entire squad, after relegation, is terrifying.

Would you miss many of them? Most of them are either rubbish, overpaid, meh or past it. I'd personally be sad to see Davidson and Craig go for sentimental reasons but honest I can't say I'm that bothered either way.

We can almost put out a starting 11 based on the players who are still contracted. It's going to be a big turn around of players regardless of the league we're in but it's something that we just have to undertake. There's just so much shite/deadwood/general meh in among the out of contract list that almost anyone else coming in with fresh eyes and a bit of enthusiasm will be an upgrade.

16 hours ago, perthsaint1977 said:
16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Latest rumour btw, is that Aberdeen have given up on getting Kennedy this window, and Swanson hasn't been approached by anybody. Players like Anderson and McMillan have no interest in leaving before the end of their contract as they're aware they won't get anything close to what they're getting.
No signings permitted until more players go out.
Vihmann trying to end his loan but manager is reluctant until another defender is signed.
Just rumours, though. Hopefully [mention=54832]perthsaint1977[/mention] arrives soon to tell me its all shite. Please.

No comments

cough**Undisclosed fee**cough. 

1 minute ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Nothing the club is saying or doing at the moment makes any sense whatsoever. 

Is it some sort of elaborate trolling by this new Chief Exec?

I might just patch the game tomorrow at this rate. If we fall behind the atmosphere is going to be toxic.

What a window.

Sell your only consistent attacking threat.

Sell back up midfielder.

Lose best midfielder to injury for at least 6 weeks.

Sign nobody, and not even be in talks with anyone one week from the windows end.

Just incredible.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye, Curtis Main on loan. 

Not part of this deal at least!  By bad cough that sounded like undisclosed fee is what were getting this time. 

No doubt though if we sign a striker if it's not Main. It's someone as equally meh as Main 😬

Wasn't specifically directed at you when I said stop complaining btw. 

What an absolute shitshow this season has been.

Embarrassing stuff.

If we aren't relegated this season it'll be some achievement.

All have to learn from this. TW especially as his biggest problem is that he's too loyal to players. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

Scott Burns reckons the fee for Kennedy is £70k. Inverness got more for a centre back who was agitating for a move and had a similar amount of time left on his contract. Pathetic :lol: 

Its unreal. We've, literally, given our best chance of avoiding relegation away for £70k.

Weeks of hard negotiations and wasted time. 

For £70k.

Seventy thousand pounds.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Its unreal. We've, literally, given our best chance of avoiding relegation away for £70k.

For £70k.

Seventy thousand pounds.

He's worth just over half a league placing, apparently.

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

He's worth just over half a league placing, apparently.

£4k a week, plus his wage, until the end of May.

Theres zero fucking excuse to not to get at least 2 signings before the window ends.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

For £70k.

Seventy thousand pounds.

With an average wage if £48k (I suspect a couple players, kennedy included bump that up) you 'could' say that's it's two players wages for a year and you have a high wage off the books

It will probably be added to the 2mill pound coin swimming pool howevertenor.gif?itemid=5178207

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885/amp?page=2