Double Winning St Johnstone FC Thread

21 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

It’s all becoming very cynical and negative around here, even slagging our own players.  
We need to pick ourselves up a bit, so put this in your pipe and give it a wee Friday toke:

I'm usually a very upbeat person and don't really let things bother me too much, apart from vegans and students and vegan students, but.....Chris fucking Kane annoys the f**k out of me. Professional footballer? My fucking arse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51239246

Rumours were true, lads.

Same time as Hearts seal the deal to sign Liam Boyce, Tommy Wright is saying theres not even any offers in for incoming players.

He sounds fucking raging.

Whilst we all know we need new players, Wright once again only has himself to blame. He’s ostracised players and brought in guys who aren’t good enough on long term deals. The only reason Hearts can bring players in, is cause they’re punting folk left right and centre. Shows how bad our deadwood is, as nobody wants them!

Tommy Wright only has himself to blame really. Look at the shite he has in the squad that we can't get rid of.

Vihmann, McMillan, Swanson, Anderson, Callachan all at the club on big deals and no one wants to take them off our hands unless we subsidise part of their wages. The players are under no obligation to leave the club and it's not their fault they're on stupidly high wages.

The club really need to look at the bigger picture though. They must see that we are in real danger if we don't make signings and we leave ourselves stuck with what we have already. 

Just let this shitshow of a season end.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

Whilst we all know we need new players, Wright once again only has himself to blame. He’s ostracised players and brought in guys who aren’t good enough on long term deals. The only reason Hearts can bring players in, is cause they’re punting folk left right and centre. Shows how bad our deadwood is, as nobody wants them!

Who else can he get rid of?

Swanson is the only one I can think of, anyone else leaves you short. This "nobody out until somebody out" is a sensible approach, but not when your staring relegation in the face and barely have a matchday squad.

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steve Brown fulfilling his own prophecy and leading us to relegation. It's less surprising than it should be.

Well... In his defence. The constant signing players then them not being good enough doesn't make anyone want to throw money at TW.

TW's duds are what's eating the budget. McMillan I imagine is draining us to the tune of £1000+ a week 😂

Just now, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

Well... In his defence. The constant signing players then them not being good enough doesn't make anyone want to throw money at TW.

TW's duds are what's eating the budget. McMillan I imagine is draining us to the tune of £1000+ a week 😂

I get that, completely, but now isnt the time to be sitting on that hill.

We need quality players in. Asking about why we're in this position is immaterial right now. 

Some folk seem to have this idea that Brown junior is a smart operator. Let's see if he has the backbone to dip into that rainy day fund (and if it's not pishing down right now those clouds look pretty ominous) and give us a fighting chance of staying up. 

If there's issues with decisions that his staff have made then he can deal with that in due course, but not supporting the manager when he needs it seems very weak indeed. No brownie points in saying 'Tommy did it' when we're in the Championship, millions down on TV money and down to triple figure crowds. 

2020/2021 Squad

Goalkeepers

1. Zander Clark (27) -2022

12. Elliot Parish (29) – 2021

45. Ross Sinclair (18) – 2021

Defenders

2. Wallace Duffy (20) -2021

23. Liam Gordon (23) - 2021

15. Jason Kerr (22) – 2022

??. Jamie McCart (22) – 2022

3. Scott Tanser (24) – 2021

Midfielders

18. Ali McCann (19) - 2023

Wingers 

10. David Wotherspoon (29) - 2021

17. Michael O'Halloran (28) – 2021

Forwards

14. Stevie May (26) – 2021

Next season's squad as things stand

Out of contract - Max Johnstone, Steven Anderson, Callum Booth, Drey Wright, Murray Davidson, Ross Callachan, Liam Craig, Danny Swanson, David McMillan, Chris Kane, Callum Hendry

Loans Ending - Anthony Ralston, Madis Vihmann, Jason Holt

Signed Pre Contract elsewhere - Matty Kennedy

Baby out with the bath water time - get rid of the lot of them, except Booth, Wright, Davidson and Hendry.

Who else can he get rid of?
Swanson is the only one I can think of, anyone else leaves you short. This "nobody out until somebody out" is a sensible approach, but not when your staring relegation in the face and barely have a matchday squad.

I don’t disagree. We need someone in, anyone frankly to engage fans and rejuvenate the squad. There’s money there for a couple of 6 month loans or 18 month contracts whatever, especially with the wages leaving next season.

My point is, it’s all very well Wright being bullish and calling it how it is, but not once has he himself stood up and said that the chairman has backed him and as a result he’s the one who’s brought in the deadwood. If he cane out and admitted his mistakes then I could understand it, but he doesn’t. We never found out the story with Callachan and I doubt we ever will, same with Swanson.

5 minutes ago, Templar said:

How many of them have relegation release clauses in their contracts. 

All of them will have some kind of relegation clause. Whether it’s release clauses or wage reductions, that’ll be done to whatever the players and the club have negotiated. 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

All of them will have some kind of relegation clause. Whether it’s release clauses or wage reductions, that’ll be done to whatever the players and the club have negotiated. 

The point I was trying to make is if we get relegated those with relegation release clause will be off and the squad will be even thinner